Comskip 0.79 build 32: Some bugs solved and Beyond TV added

Where all the announcements go
erik
Site Admin

Comskip 0.79 build 32: Some bugs solved and Beyond TV added

Post by erik »

After some serious work on the MPEG decoder I think I have solved many of the audio/video synchronisation and timeline problems.
Some serious MPEG Transport Stream and DVR-MS testing could further improve Comskip so keep sending me your feedback.

From the change log

Changes in 0.79.32
- Added the BTV Smartskip output format, set output_btv=1 in the comskip.ini file to enable
- Bug solved: AC3 sound volume is too high causing missing of black frames
- Bug solved: Recording with 3/2 pull down has wrong frame numbers leading to incorrect cut points
- Bug solved: The volume_slip default value is too low
- Added parameter in ini file: ms_audio_delay=5 set to the number of frames audio lags video in dvr-ms files. Default value of 5 should be OK for most recordings.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Oops, made a small error when building the zip
If you comskip.exe crashes simply download build 32 again.
Ralph

Re: Comskip 0.79 build 32: Some bugs solved and Beyond TV ad

Post by Ralph »

erik wrote:...
From the change log

Changes in 0.79.32
- Added the BTV Smartskip output format, set output_btv=1 in the comskip.ini file to enable...
Hi Erik,

I looked at Beyond TV's Homepage.
As far as understand, they seem to have their own build in tool to detect commercials and use their Smartskip method to skip these commercials.
Is that right?
And now I can use Comskip to detect the right skipping points in addition?
Or is Beyond TV using Comskip already for their commercial detection?

Regards
Ralph
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

BTV does have their own commercial detector called smartskip but according to several reports comskip detects better than smartskip so that is why I enabled comskip to generate the BTV skip file format.
I do not now how to integrate comskip into BTV because I do not have or use BTV.
leecole

feedback BTV chapters

Post by leecole »

Erik, your chapters file works just fine. In BTV, if a Recording_name.mpg.chapters.xml exists in same folder with the recording, BTV indicates SmartChapters is present for the recording. During playback, on my remote, Channel Up or Channel Down, skips to the next chapter mark. Thus during playback, if I reach a commercial, Channel Up, will skip the commercial. BTV actually does a pretty good job of locating the commercials, but ComSkip does as good if not better, and does it faster.
Thanks