Comskip 0.79 build 31: ProjectX output and Timeline analysis

Where all the announcements go
erik
Site Admin

Comskip 0.79 build 31: ProjectX output and Timeline analysis

Post by erik »

From the changelog:

Changes in 0.79.31
- Comskip will detect missing/faulty frames in recordings and try to correct for this to ensure correct frame numbers
- Comskip will analyze the timeline of the recording and warn if and how the timeline is broken when verbose is at least 1
- Bug solved: -m and --demux switch did not work
- New output format: ProjectX cutlist, setting output_projectx=1 will cause Comskip to generate a ProjectX cutlist file.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

This release is removed due to a report of bad recognition.
K.B

Bad recognition

Post by K.B »

I've noticed the poor recognition as well.

I've been scanning dvr-ms files (which seems to go very smoothly) and getting cut points but they don't line up properly. Often the reported commercial break durations seem reasonable but definately mis-aligned.

I hope you can fix this because the dvr-ms support cuts my overall processing time in half which cuts the nagging from the other end of the sofa down by an even bigger amount :)
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Could you upload such a DVR-MS sample (or at least the first copule of hunderd MB?
Mail me if yes so I can send you the upload details.
marc

Re: Bad recognition

Post by marc »

K.B wrote:I've noticed the poor recognition as well.

I've been scanning dvr-ms files (which seems to go very smoothly) and getting cut points but they don't line up properly. Often the reported commercial break durations seem reasonable but definately mis-aligned.

I hope you can fix this because the dvr-ms support cuts my overall processing time in half which cuts the nagging from the other end of the sofa down by an even bigger amount :)
I have experienced the same thing on TS and PS. Both were DVB-S recording from MyTheatre and had some timeline issue in them.

Marc
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

OK,
The fix is almost there.
The recordings contained 3/2 pulldown stuff leading to missing frames because of my lack of understanding of MPEG.
This all is solved now and you can expect a new Comskip release within a couple of hours.

Again, I welcome your feedback :)