Blocks marked as "has logo"

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
nate

Blocks marked as "has logo"

Post by nate »

Hi there,
I'm new to comskip so please bear with me. I've been experimenting with it for a few weeks now and have arrived at some questions which I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I am trying to deal with the situation where I have an ad block which has 30 seconds of logo present in the middle of it. If, for example, the block is 105 seconds long, the logo= value shown in the debug window is 0.28, whereas the blocks that are part of the show have logo= greater than 0.95

I'm hoping there is an option I can set to specify that I want more logo in a block before it's marked as "has logo". From what I've seen I could set it to something like 0.75 without causing any unwanted side effects. I've looked through the list of options and tried a few, but I've been unable to find one that achieves what I want. Is there an option for this that I've missed? or is what i'm trying to achieve not possible?

cheers,
nate
erik
Site Admin

Re: Blocks marked as "has logo"

Post by erik »

There is no setting to do so.
The only current approach would be to set the logo_present_modifier=1 to remove logo scoring
nate

Post by nate »

Thanks for the quick reply erik.
It's a pity there's no option for this, though I suspected after searching for one that it might be the case. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'll have a go with your logo_present_modifier=1 suggestion. I should be able to get good results that way.
semko

Post by semko »

Perhaps you should try another aproach. Set min_show_segment_length to 300 or so. That way the 30 sec. logo section within the commercials will never get marked as show.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Does not work that way.
There are many so called modifiers.
Length is one, logo present is another
Min_show_segment impacts the length modifier, not the logo modifier
nate

Post by nate »

Hi semko, Thanks for the suggestion. I already have min_show_segment_length set to 300. I had set this because sometimes I wasn't getting cut points between individual commercials. This meant that the whole commercial break was a single block greater than 125 seconds and I didn't want it marked as part of the show.

eric, I've been experimenting with logo_present_modifier and found that setting it to 1.0 ends up with appropriate scores, but then the heuristics (mostly H1) remove a lot of show blocks because they're between two commercials. Using 0.1 for logo_present_modifier and making sure brightness, uniform, and schange rate get punished seems to be working best.

Thanks for your help.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Set
disable_heuristics=5
nate

Post by nate »

Thanks erik.

I did add to disable_heuristics when logo_present_modifier was at 1.0 and that worked, however since changing logo_present_modifier to 0.1 I can enable the heuristics again without a problem. I need to run some more programs through it, but I'm assuming that the heuristics will prove to be useful for more generalised use.

cheers,
nate
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

The heuristic is needed to kill small not recognized commercial blocks inside a commercial break