Discussions on Tuning for US Network Shows?

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
McAlsop

Discussions on Tuning for US Network Shows?

Post by McAlsop »

I have spent like an hour trying to find a link that I remember seeing. I thought it was provided by erik, but am not sure. I basically remember it being a suggested link to where a bunch of people have discussed their configurations for US Network Shows (ABC, CBS, NBC, etc).

The only change I really make to the defaults for detection is "detect_method=111" instead of "detect_method=43".

It actually works pretty well, but I just was hoping to see what others are tuning to see if I could make it better.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Discussions on Tuning for US Network Shows?

Post by erik »

The only other change people mention is
min_show_segment_length=250
Crewski

Post by Crewski »

Figured I was get in on the conversation here. The OTA networks are the only copy-freely I have with TWC....so they are the only ones I can skip commercials for. Lately, for whatever reason everything is working great until the very end of the show. It thinks the last commercial is longer than it actually is so I miss the end. Already have the min_show_lenght_segment=250. I'm on the latest donators build.

I've only just begun to "really" read through the tuning guide, but if you have a suggestion on where to start that would be great. I've tried detect_method=43, 111, and 11 (I think that was the one). I've also messed around with logo on bottom and intelligence brightness, but they all give the same result. Thanks for the help.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

You are most welcome to follow the "how to ask for help" post so I can give you more detailed support
And it helps me in getting relevant samples for my test files.
McAlsop

Post by McAlsop »

Thanks erik. Do you know if people generally find 111 better than 43 for US shows? I think I arbitrarily picked that combination....
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

NO general opinion, depends on SD versus HD, cable versus ATSC, HBO or not.......
McAlsop

Post by McAlsop »

Oh, ok. I only do network shows in HD.

Quick random question, what is the option "videoredo_offset=2"?

I just noticed that in my new ini file and I use the videoredo output. (Couldn't find any description of it searching around)
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Once there was a user that complained his video redo output was 2 frames offset (shiften) so I added this to frame accurately allign comskip and videoredo.
McAlsop

Post by McAlsop »

hahahaha. fricken whiners...