Check if cutscene method works

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
Saxtus

Check if cutscene method works

Post by Saxtus »

Hello, this is my first post here!

I am trying to use the cutscene method to detect breaks but I am not sure if Comskip is actually using my dmp file.
The frame I've captured actually appears just before commercial break ends.
What should I look in the log file for?

Code: Select all

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/54133633/file.html
.VPrj is included because of a small bug:
File cannot be found when opened by VideoRedo when the filename is in Greek, like this one.

.dif file is also included. :wink:

Thanks in advance.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Check if cutscene method works

Post by erik »

In the .csv file I see the cutscene value changing, this implies is working.
However the value never gets below 49 so you may not have chosen a good cutframe or need to change the threshold

Thanks for the other info
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Can you send me a .vprj file with the files names edited so they are correct?
I need it as reference for testing
Saxtus

Post by Saxtus »

erik wrote:In the .csv file I see the cutscene value changing, this implies is working.
However the value never gets below 49 so you may not have chosen a good cutframe or need to change the threshold
As the ComskipGUI is the only way to generate those DMP files and I don't know how to view what I've saved, it's a guesswork...
On top of that, ComskipGUI doesn't want to go smoothly through the entire duration of the file,
when I try to locate the correct frame, displays errors during seek, so it takes a while to find the correct frame...

You say that the cutscene value on the debug data doesn't get below 49. From your experience what is the normal value
to trigger cutscene change based on captured frame? (i.e. what should I aim for with my captured frame)

Does it matter that the cutscene doesn't appear when the commercials begin, but only where they end?
Do you have any other suggestions to tweak my INI file, based on the data I gave you?

Thanks again!
erik wrote:Can you send me a .vprj file with the files names edited so they are correct?
I need it as reference for testing
I've loaded the file to an editor and saved it as ANSI, VideoRedo opens it just right:

Code: Select all

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/46919816/file.html
(links disabled in the forum / my account)
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Saxtus wrote:
erik wrote:In the .csv file I see the cutscene value changing, this implies is working.
As the ComskipGUI is the only way to generate those DMP files and I don't know how to view what I've saved, it's a guesswork...
On top of that, ComskipGUI doesn't want to go smoothly through the entire duration of the file,
when I try to locate the correct frame, displays errors during seek, so it takes a while to find the correct frame...
This was solved in build 0.81.053 but I had to remove it due to a bug. Hope to release build 054 with a solution within some weeks.

You say that the cutscene value on the debug data doesn't get below 49. From your experience what is the normal value
to trigger cutscene change based on captured frame? (i.e. what should I aim for with my captured frame)
Value can go down below 10 with good quality video

Does it matter that the cutscene doesn't appear when the commercials begin, but only where they end?
No, but best make sure the cutscene is taken from the middle of a very clean video sequence.
You can have up to 8 different cutscenes active at the same time
Do you have any other suggestions to tweak my INI file, based on the data I gave you?
Thanks again!
Did not look to that.
Jagad

Post by Jagad »

Saxtus wrote: .VPrj is included because of a small bug:
File cannot be found when opened by VideoRedo when the filename is in Greek, like this one.
Saxtus wrote:I've loaded the file to an editor and saved it as ANSI, VideoRedo opens it just right:
Erik was kind enough making it possible for Comskip to output unicoded .vprj files.
Unfortunately it did turn out it was a bit too early going unicode. VideoRedo developers seem to be too stupid and/or lazy to implement unicode filename handling in thier software. That project has been postponed to VideoRedo v.5. and nobody knows when the release is. Could be years from now for all I know.

The problem can easily be solved with a conversion script if feeding VideoRedo with Comskip generated .vprj files using some kind of automated commercial removal script. I would hate to see Comskip going back to ANSI. That would be reactionary and an inauspicious sign of the rule of stupidity.
Saxtus

Post by Saxtus »

erik wrote:This was solved in build 0.81.053 but I had to remove it due to a bug. Hope to release build 054 with a solution within some weeks.
If you check the log files, you will see that I've used build 0.81.053, so all the problems I described, are related to the "solved" build.

After all, with build 0.81.052 it was literally impossible to seek anything after the first few seconds of the video,
so I couldn't create DMP files at all. :?

Of course I am still using build 0.81.052 for my live comskip script. :D
Did not look to that.
Oh, ok. :)