logo not detected despite using "good" logo file

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
jschwalbe

logo not detected despite using "good" logo file

Post by jschwalbe »

Hello. Recently started using comskip... still in the trial phase but likely will start using the donor version very soon if I can get the bugs ironed out! Great program!!

I used comskip on Seinfeld and I used a previously generated logo file which I think to be pretty good. However, when looking thru the logfile, it says: "Not enough or too much logo's found (0.00), disabling the use of Logo detection". When I look at the video file, there is a beautiful logo that comes in a few seconds after each commercial break and remains til the next set of commercials. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.

This is the log file:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=MnUp1jg0

I ran it without the logo file specified and it didn't work any better. It had the same message, and the logofile generated is humorous. Log file here: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=MLWjNb5S

I should say, that despite not finding the logo, the half hour show only missed identifying one commercial! Unfortunately, it misses the last part where Jerry does the stand up for 30 seconds, but I'm okay not having that I guess.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks
erik
Site Admin

Re: logo not detected despite using "good" logo file

Post by erik »

Try to add
logo_max_percentage_of_screen=0.04
to your comskip.ini
This should prevent finding the absurt logo
jschwalbe

Post by jschwalbe »

Thanks for the reply. Using that new setting, it still made the same odd logo and had the same error I quote earlier.

The actual logo is partly transparent, does that cause problems?

Why doesn't the logo file i provide seem to be working?

Thanks again!
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

As you can see in the log file a logo is found initially but during double checking it is not found on sufficient frames.
Transparant logo's are more difficult to detect but it is possible.
Another option is to set
two_pass_logo=0