Adjusting logo usage parameters

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
Alex

Adjusting logo usage parameters

Post by Alex »

I am attempting to tune Comskip to remove adds from video recorded from online streams using PlayOn. The commercials have an overlay across the top of the screen stating "your content will resume in XXX seconds", and comskip appears to be picking this up as a logo. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be "enough" commercial in the show (has anyone ever said that before?)

I found this line in the Comskip tuning guide:
If less then 32% logo is found but more then 15% Comskip assumes logo to be present on commercials only and the logo logic is reversed.
And I found this line in my logs:
Not enough or too much logo's found (0.12), disabling the use of Logo detection
If I could just turn that 15% lower limit down a bit I think I would have a very reliable means of identifying commercials, but if there is a parameter for that I cannot find it.

Here is a screen shot of my debug window. There are four commercials in the video, corresponding exactly to the four consistent / high sections of the logo graph.

Is there a way to make use of this?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Adjusting logo usage parameters

Post by erik »

Can you send me the .csv file for some of these recordings?
I gues I need to make a setting
reverseLogoLogic=true
so you get reverse logo behavior
Or should this be automatic?
it used to be but is currently disabled due to false reversal due to bad logo
Alex

Re: Adjusting logo usage parameters

Post by Alex »

I just emailed you the CSV.

A "reverse" logo detection parameter would probably work quite well on these files.

Also, as I mentioned, it seems to be detecting a bar across the top (probably not more than 10-15 pixels tall), so an option the reverse of "logo_at_bottom" could enable this to work even on recordings that actually have a channel logo on the show segments.

I also have another question, though it is a bit off the current topic. Playlater has started adding chapter markers around around the commercials, and even naming the chapters "advertisement" and "show". Nice of them, but I haven't figured out a good way to make use of it. Is there a way to make comskip cut on chapter markers? The CSV I sent you is from older content before they started adding those.