Comskip.xls? ... and CSV files

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
BrianGGG

Comskip.xls? ... and CSV files

Post by BrianGGG »

Hello.

I'm working my way through the tuning guide, and I have gotten to the point where I have a test environment working and I have run ComSkip while producing a CSV file.
Now that I have gotten to this point:

1) The tuning guide mentions the use of a COMSKIP.XLS file that can be downloaded, but I can't find any mention of this in the support forum or even in Google. Is this still available?
2) I am trying to run ComSkipGUI with the CSV file so that I can streamline the tuning process. I right-mouse on the CSV file and run ComSkipGUI. This quickly brings up the debug window and the ComSkipGUI log. However, it takes FOREVER to move anywhere in the debug window, as everthing that I do I get a huge number of the following errors as below. This takes minutes to play out before I can see the results of moving to another position ...

Any advice if I am doing something wrong with the CSV file?

Code: Select all

Positioning file failing with pts=1552.08
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.10
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.12
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.13
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.15
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.17
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.18
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.20
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.22
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.23
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.25
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.27
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.28
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.30
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.32
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.33
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.35
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.37
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.38
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.40
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.42
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.43
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.45
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.47
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.48
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.50
Positioning file failing with pts=1552.52
erik
Site Admin

Re: Comskip.xls? ... and CSV files

Post by erik »

1: comskip.xls is no longer use as there is comskipgui now

2: The errors during positioning is because you happen to have a recording with a bad timeline. There is not much you can do about that except find another recording
BrianGGG

Re: Comskip.xls? ... and CSV files

Post by BrianGGG »

Thanks.

ComSkipGUI is extremely helpful. After using it for a few days, it has become much easier to spot potential problems quickly. I can also quickly test new INI functions by running the GUI directly with the CSV file.

What's missing is: I can see the letters (e.g. L for logo, etc.) in each of the frames ... but I can't find any way to see the logic behind the scores, such as what factors led to an abrupt scoring drop-off between frames or why some commercials are skipped but others are not. I have read through the tuning guide and that has gotten me only part of the way to understanding.

This information would be tremendously helpful as I would be able to zero in on what method (Aspect Ratio, CC, etc.) to tune to resolve particular situations.
I see various numbers in the CSV file, but nothing that leads to scoring decisions.

I was assuming that ComSkip.XLS would provide that. If it's not available, any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
BrianGGG