Show detection with Rating Logo

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Please hit the 'G' key while watching the preview to enabled the detail graphs of the analysis. (Maybe twice to get rid of the average red/white lines needed to see where the punish will be done if enabled)
When you zoom in around the problem frame (the 'Z' key) you will see at the lowest blue line (the aspect ratio line) that there is a very small change causing the cut. The picture shows that the aspect ratio detection thinks there is a pillarbox change, maybe I should improve the black detection in the aspect ratio detection.
The change is shifted fps frames to the right due to a small error in my display algoritm.

The lower case letters are explained in the tuning manual.
The uppercase are not yet explained, except in a post somewhere in the forum.
kerryklarson

Post by kerryklarson »

So its best to set shrink_logo=1
The remaining errors are indeed to be solved by improving the global heuristics. That is on the todo list for the next build.
shrink_logo=1 did fix two of the errors, but not the other two. I look forward to the next build.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Build 87 is available.
acccs

Re: Show detection with Rating Logo

Post by acccs »

I know this isn't a high-priority project, but I came across this thread and wanted to be counted among the many who really want this feature added. On the latest build, comskip is still only about 90% accurate for me. I believe that rating logo detection would vastly improve this number, and could prove to be one of the most valuable features that comskip offers, so I'm submitting another plea to implement this often-requested item.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Show detection with Rating Logo

Post by erik »

Please follow the instructions in the "how to ask for help" topic as there may be other ways to solve your problems, as I have helped many before