Short block of program marked as commercial

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
FlatEarth

Short block of program marked as commercial

Post by FlatEarth »

Erik,
Thank you for your work on comskip, the new version is working pretty well for me.
However, I have come across one situation that I cannot get around. One show I record has a sequence at the beginning where there are commercials, a short block of program with strong logo (aroung 60 sec long), more commercials, then the main program begins.
The tuning has allowed me to clearly and correctly identify those blocks, however that short block of program gets marked as commercial. The log indicates that the block is dropped because it is a short program block between two commerical blocks.
Is there a way to change this behavior? I did not see any parameters that would change this particular operation.
Thanks for your help!
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

You have a very interresting test case.
Could you send me the .csv file and the .txt file where you indicate what the start and stop frame numbers of the commercials should be?
I can add that to my regression test set.

If I remember well you should reduce min_show_segment_length to something less than the minumum gap between the commercials.
Such as:
min_show_segment_length=60
FlatEarth

Post by FlatEarth »

I emailed you the logs, I hope it helps.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Thanks for the log, I have investigated the problem and found a solution by improving the heuristics.
Today I will build a new release. Watch the announcements.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Please try build 16 and send me your feedback