AC3 Audio Stream Changes

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
Taddeusz

AC3 Audio Stream Changes

Post by Taddeusz »

I'm attempting to tune comskip for my HDPVR recordings. Not sure if I've done something wrong but the problem I'm running into is that comskip seems to be relying quite heavily on the results from the volume analysis. And I believe that is causing it, in part, to misdetect commercial segments as show. What the issue appears to me to be is that several times during an hour recording Cox will cut in their own ads during the breaks but the audio channels change from 5.1 to stereo and then back again. It appears that this throws things off. I've attempted to set max_volume=0 to enable auto mode but that seems to just make things worse and ends up detecting very few commercials.

The main issues I'm currently having with tuning are that I end up with a 5-10 second segment before commercials that gets misdetected as commercial and then quite a long segment before the show starts that gets misdetected as show. The latter appears to be triggered by a either a volume or aspect ratio change that for whatever reason seems to make it think there's a commercial to show transition.

None of the tuning I do seems to be able to make any kind of possitive changes to the detection. Any changes I make to try and tune things appear to only reduce the amount of correctly detected segments.

All my HDPVR recordings are 720p60 with the original AC3 audio, usually 5.1ch.
erik
Site Admin

Re: AC3 Audio Stream Changes

Post by erik »

please follow the "how to ask for help" post in the support forum and I will be glad to have a look
Taddeusz

Re: AC3 Audio Stream Changes

Post by Taddeusz »

I appologize. I hadn't seen that.

Sending the logs to you now.