Not processed due to file name in strange encoding

Where all the bugs are reported and discussed
Japhy

Not processed due to file name in strange encoding

Post by Japhy »

Yesterday I got comskip81_026_donators.zip version of Comskip and figured out that it can't process files with file name in ISO/IEC 6937 encoding. I figured out that this encoding is considered to be a standard for Czech Digital Group (board for Czech DVB-T broadcast), the file names behave different from all I have met in W7 yet. it is encoded in two byte encoding and the letter follows its accent. Would you mid if I'd enclose an example of minimum lenght with such strangge file name? There seems to be workaround, one can change format of filename by MCE (by editing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Recording key and omit Title of show). But I'd like to know if ComSkip normally could handle files with such a strange encoding in filename that is not similar to UTF-16LE or UTF-8.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Not processed due to file name in strange encoding

Post by erik »

Actually comskip is very dump in filename handling. It assumes the filename is a string of null terminated bytes where the single byte / character and the single byte . character have a special meaning.
So no UTF 8 or 16 handling at all
Japhy

Re: Not processed due to file name in strange encoding

Post by Japhy »

Thank you for reply. Seems that best approach would be incorporating filename conversion directly into ComSkip Monitor to have the proper filename just before ComSkip execution.