"after_logo=999" not working since v0.80.039

Where all the bugs are reported and discussed
A-man

"after_logo=999" not working since v0.80.039

Post by A-man »

I noticed that Comskip won't do any hardcuts on logo disappearance when I set the parameter "after_logo=999" ("before_logo=999" works as expected). I browsed the changelog and figured it could have something to do with the change in v0.80.040. After some testing, I can confirm that it works as expected in v0.80.039, but not in v0.80.040. Upon closer inspection I found that after v0.80.039, "after_logo=999" only works if the volume at the cutpoint is below the "max_volume"-setting. But then I noticed another bug; the cutpoint is made 1 second too early. This makes the parameter "connect_blocks_with_logo" unusable as there will always be logo on both sides of the cutpoint! This behavior was also present in v0.80.039.
Also, by looking at the graph in the debugwindow, I noticed that all recordings starting without a logo will be marked as having a logo for the first second (24 frames) of the recording and the opposite for recordings starting with a logo. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, just thought I'd mention it just in case.

Finally I'd like to thank you for this great software and make a request. As I understand, if you use another value for "after_logo" and "before_logo", Comskip will search for a suitable cutpoint up to 30 seconds from the logo (dis)appearance. I would really appreciate to have a parameter to change that value (30 secs). And if Comskip can't find a suitable cutpoint in that range, you could have another parameter for what Comskip will do; either make a hardcut or do nothing. I understand that having a value of 30 secs is useful for when the broadcaster (re)moves the logo to make an announcement before the commercial break. But so far I have hardly ever seen that in my recordings and I see far more often commercial breaks starting with logo disappearance as only suitable cutpoint.