Comskip Crashage on Live TV Scans

Where all the bugs are reported and discussed
woodchuck

Comskip Crashage on Live TV Scans

Post by woodchuck »

I'm using comskip donators version to scan live TV using DVRMS Toolbox and 7MC. Occasionally I'm getting crashes and haven't found a way to nail down what is happening. Based on some digging around in these forums, I have tried the following:

-Added a 5 minute timer to my DVRMS profile.
-thread_count=1
-two_pass_logo=0

What else should I try? I guess the next logical thing to do is lower my number of workers. Right now I'm set to 4.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Comskip Crashage on Live TV Scans

Post by erik »

Indeed,
watch the memory consumption when you have many workers
mike_b

Post by mike_b »

I also tried live detection and experienced crashes using DVRMS Toolbox and 7MC. My "Workers" parameter is set to 1 in DVRMS Toolbox. I have turned off live detection.

Running detection after the show completes seems to work fine using DVRMS Toolbox "Wait Time" = 10
onehabit

Post by onehabit »

I also experience crashes in about 3 in every 10 Live TV scans. Initially I thought is was DVRMS Toolbox, so I wrote an "AutoIt" script to detect new WTV files and process them with Comskip. However crashes still occur (3 in 10).

I modified the AutoIt script to detect that Comskip's crashed and re-start the task as a bit of a workaround. The 2nd attempt is usually always sucessful.

(I'm using Comskip 0.81.043).