MCEBuddy Crash on Hung Process Comskip

Where all the bugs are reported and discussed
gotpaste

MCEBuddy Crash on Hung Process Comskip

Post by gotpaste »

I am currently recording OTA TV shows with the SiliconDust HD HomeRun DVR Kickstarter. I am using MCEBUddy to reencode to x265 HVEC and to remove commercials using comskip. During some shows Comskip will get to 99% and then hang or not respond for over 300 seconds which MCEBuddy then terminates the job. I have found that if I wait a minutes after it reaches 99% in the MCEBuddy logs and then kill the comskip task manually it will continue and it will be successful. I am not sure why comskip is not terminating as it should on some shows. I am using the latest mcebuddy beta as I was thinking it was mcebuddy and also the latest comskip81_092_donators version. I would provide logs if I can but you will have to provide me the details on what and where the logs are stored. I was using v 071 before updating to 81_092 to try and resolve the issue.
Thanks,
Tom
erik
Site Admin

Re: MCEBuddy Crash on Hung Process Comskip

Post by erik »

First you have to enable logging by setting
verbose=10
in the comskip.ini file
I don' know where MCEBuddy puts the log file as I remember its using the outfolder option.
gotpaste

Post by gotpaste »

I have now grabbed the log file. Looking for a way to attach it. Can you inform me how to get the log file to you?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

mail me.
ottoguy

Post by ottoguy »

Did this get resolved? I was having a few comskip failures with MCEBuddy 2.4.6 and an older version of comskip. So I donated and tried the newest version of Comskip 81_092. Now it seems I'm having similar issues to this. MCEBuddy logs that it gets to 99% and then comskip doesn't respond for 300 seconds.