Where all the bugs are reported and discussed
14 posts • Page 1 of 1
I've discovered that I get different results using the Frame Array file compared to scanning the file directly with no changes to comskip.ini What are the differences between the 2 modes apart from speed? As I'm using a pre found logo the full file scan uses 2 threads and the file is SD H264 / AAC-HE
I just sent you a PM with the links in.erik wrote:Ping me when done
Its the break between frames 57264 & 59745 that is missing when scanned with the full file. The actual end of the commercial is at 59890 but as there isn't any black frames I haven't found a way to trigger it at that frame.
I'll give it a test tomorrow, I worked around it by adding 2 secs to shrink logo. Fortunately using a pre found logo gave me 2 threads for the full single pass scan, so I tested everything with a normal scan
I've tested it on the file that I uploaded to you, and the next in the series and it has fixed the problem, the results of both a full scan and a csv scan differ by no more than 4 frames on some of the cuts, and none on others.erik wrote:Release done, can you test. I also added some error messages for wrong string parameters and cutscenefiles not found
On my problem channel I still get differing results, this channel has very sloppy editing, with sometimes late logos, intermittent similar to normal logos during ads, no blackframes, no guaranteed silence, and similar uniformity between show and adverts. Fortunately we don't watch a lot of that, and the fast forward button works regardless of what they do!
If I find something that's has a reproducible significant difference between FrameArray and Full Snan, I'll upload a copy.
For now I'd call it a great improvement, and for most people its likely totally fixed.
Haven't tested the cutframes yet as other methods are working.
I'll deploy the latest release now to the recorder, thanks for the prompt fix