Comskip pauses 2 times for each file

Where all the bugs are reported and discussed
darinh

Comskip pauses 2 times for each file

Post by darinh »

I am currently using comskip 79_111 in stand-alone mode (installed it with DVRMSTb, but currently calling it from the command line to avoid confusion).

I have the comskip.ini file configured the same as the default 111 build, except output_btv and output_videoredo are enabled.

For some reason comskip pauses for about 2 minutes before it actually starts processing the file. The processing proceeds until it is about 5 minutes from the end of the file, then it pauses again for about 2 minutes.

The computer isn't busy working on anything else, and is running Windows MCE 2005 on an Athlon X2 4800 with 2GB RAM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks,
darinh
erik
Site Admin

Re: Comskip pauses 2 times for each file

Post by erik »

Change to
dvrms_live_tv_retries=0
in your comskip.ini file
You can only use this setting when you do not use comskip to scan while recording.
darinh

Post by darinh »

erik wrote:Change to
dvrms_live_tv_retries=0
in your comskip.ini file
You can only use this setting when you do not use comskip to scan while recording.
For some reason my comskip.ini file did not even contain this parameter. It did contain live_tv=1 though, I have changed that to live_tv=0 and everything works as expected!

Thanks!
darinh
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

The default comskip.ini does not contain all tunable parameters.
When you set
verbose=10
the generated log file does contain a list of ALL tunable parameters and their current value (either from the default of, if present, from the ini file)
You can cut and past that list to the comskip.ini file as the format in the log file is exactly as used in the ini file.
darinh

Post by darinh »

erik wrote:The default comskip.ini does not contain all tunable parameters.
When you set
verbose=10
the generated log file does contain a list of ALL tunable parameters and their current value (either from the default of, if present, from the ini file)
You can cut and past that list to the comskip.ini file as the format in the log file is exactly as used in the ini file.
Oh, that's a feature! I installed the 79_113 code and found that with the comskip.ini had
verbose=10
this did contain a list of tunable parameters, but I thought it meant the comskip code was broken. I have since changed verbose=0, and life is glorious!

Thanks for all of your help!
darinh
JessieLuper

Post by JessieLuper »

Hey, I was having the same trouble and I spend so much time to solve it but didn't realize its that easy.
Thanks for your help.

Not sure if this will work for you http://weightwoo.com/fat-burning-furnace it's called the Fat Burning Furnace.