how do i NOT USE THIS???

Where all the user feedback and suggestions for improvements go
GregTX

how do i NOT USE THIS???

Post by GregTX »

I need a way to stop Comskip becaue 1) It doesn't work, 2) I know the video I'm transcoding has no commercials, and 3) the transcoders WON'T WORK WITHOUT IT!!!!

I've wasted well over an hour of my Sunday night trying to find something, anything to get this not to turn on. There is nothing. YOU don't point to anything.

No matter how you answer this, I AM DONE WITH YOU, because the stupidest thing in the GOD DAMN WORLD is a transcoder that doesn't work unless it also looks for COMMERCIALS THAT AREN'T THERE!!!!!!
blade

Re: how do i NOT USE THIS???

Post by blade »

GregTX wrote:I need a way to stop Comskip becaue 1) It doesn't work, 2) I know the video I'm transcoding has no commercials, and 3) the transcoders WON'T WORK WITHOUT IT!!!!
First off Comskip does work. You do realize it's commercial detection software that is used to detect commercials in television shows that have been captured/recorded and not transcoding software?
I've wasted well over an hour of my Sunday night trying to find something, anything to get this not to turn on. There is nothing. YOU don't point to anything.
Secondly comskip does not automatically start itself. So if it's starting you have another program that's causing it to start and and scan for commercials. YOU need to provide details as to how you are launching the program so that someone can help you disable it.
No matter how you answer this, I AM DONE WITH YOU, because the stupidest thing in the GOD DAMN WORLD is a transcoder that doesn't work unless it also looks for COMMERCIALS THAT AREN'T THERE!!!!!!
If you're trying to transcode video then my suggestion would be to download software that is intended to transcode video and not a program such as comskip that is commerical detection software that doesn't claim to transcode video.
Jagad

Re: how do i NOT USE THIS???

Post by Jagad »

@blade
Don't bother to help this guy...it's clearly an idiot and a total asshole. First post and throwing rants like a moron, not having any clue about anything. May be a troll though, I don't know :lol: