WMC/Comskip/DVRMSToolbox-Not skipping commercials

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
craigwillie

WMC/Comskip/DVRMSToolbox-Not skipping commercials

Post by craigwillie »

I setup Windows Media Center, DVRMSToolbox and Comskip (donator). Everything was working fine and commercials were automatically being skipped when watching a program.

In the meantime I must has tweaked the wrong option as commercials are NOT automatically being skipped. It appears all the right files are being created but the commercials are not skipped.

Here are the Commerical Skip setting in DVRMSToolboxSettings:

Max Skip Minutes: 65535
SkipBoxMinMinutes: 0
Skip Display Type: Classic
Commerical Path: C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\CommercialsXml
Scan Choice: Prompt
Disable Key: O
Forward Key: Right
Back Key: Left
Skip On Key: Down
Skip Off Key: Down
CC Toggle D2
Terminate Key: D3
Reprocess Key: D4
Toggle Zoom Key: D5
Checkboxes: Auto Skip. Reload Settings, Skip back disable, Suppress Not Found

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
erik
Site Admin

Re: WMC/Comskip/DVRMSToolbox-Not skipping commercials

Post by erik »

Are the commercials still identified in the output file of comskip?
I don't know dvrmstoolbox so I can't help you with other problems.
serge

Post by serge »

I have also had similar issues. I still think this is the best commercial skipping software by far. However, for some shows, the commercials are all identified perfectly, while for others, it only detects a few, or does not detect in the correct places. A perfect example was the Broncos/Steelers game. During several of the kickoffs, you would see the kick, the ball goes into the air, and next we are in the middle of a commercial break...

What is the preferred configuration/DVR software setup? Erik, you mentioned that you do not use dvrmstoolbox, so what do you use? What do you recommend for Windows 7 Media Center?
btracy

Post by btracy »

Your settings look to be default for DVRMSTB and should work if your still have "Skip Commercials" checked on the MC Addin tab. If you look at one of the commercial files located in C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\CommercialsXml does it contain proper commercial information?
craigwillie

Post by craigwillie »

The commercial files only appear to contain header information.

What I did find odd is that comskip starts running 5 minutes after the show starts:

01/17/2012 10:06 PM 0 Parenthood_WHDHDT_2012_01_17_22_00_01.edl
01/17/2012 10:06 PM 20,971 Parenthood_WHDHDT_2012_01_17_22_00_01.log
01/17/2012 11:11 PM 7,035,944,960 Parenthood_WHDHDT_2012_01_17_22_00_01.wtv

Is there a comskip parameter that needs to be changed to tell it to not start a scan until the show has ended? Or is that an option somewhere in the toolbox?