Can't review cuts with debug window

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
jimbojones

Can't review cuts with debug window

Post by jimbojones »

Hi, I am using comskip 81.048 donators version on npvr .ts files,and although it works ok normally,
when I try and rescan and review the .txt or .csv files with comskipgui I cant,it opens the video window ok but crashes as soon as i try and seek, making it nearly impossible to tune my .ini any further, if I open the .ts file directly with comskipgui it crashes as soon as it finishes scanning although I can watch the video scanning window racing through. It worked alright up till 08.042 but none of the later ones will work, it does work ok on files that have been converted to .mpg though which is not of much use to me unfortunately, any ideas?

Also I have tried it on win 7 32bit and 64bit and winxp 32bit with the same result, and with comskip.exe with -w switch

BTW great work Erik, its really makes tv much more enjoyable :D
erik
Site Admin

Re: Can't review cuts with debug window

Post by erik »

I have seen the problem but as soon as I run comskip with the debugger the crash can not be reproduced so rather difficult to solve.
Hope to have better news soon.
jimbojones

Post by jimbojones »

Thanks,also really looking forward to parallel processing with npvr, although it will work sometimes already.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

NPVR should work now with build 0.81.049
jimbojones

Post by jimbojones »

Just been checking and it does indeed :D
jimbojones

Post by jimbojones »

Have also just checked the debugwindow, it no longer crashes ,it shows the commercials detected at the top,but as you skip through it only goes through about 5 minutes of show when the actual recording is 2.5 hrs long, the cmd window has lots of these errors:-

Seek failed, fallback to byte search: target = 2000.060, pos = 12.220
Search step failed, error too big: target = 2000.060, pos = 12.300
Seek failed, fallback to byte search: target = 1771.260, pos = 12.300
Search step failed, error too big: target = 1771.260, pos = 12.380

Hope this may help
James