Looking for help to test live TV support for WTV and DVR-MS

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
marvin-miller

Re: Looking for help to test live TV support for WTV and DVR

Post by marvin-miller »

I'm curious too - even though VAP doesn't support it I'd love to hear how it's working.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Its out. Build 0.81.037
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

What exactly is Live TV support and how do I enable it? Is it commercial detection while a video is being recorded?
RyC

Post by RyC »

Do we have to enable live_tv=1 in the ini file or make any other changes in the ini file to turn on live tv? And in dvrmstoolbox, should the wait time before processing be 0 minutes instead of 10 in the sticky? Is there anything else we need to change in dvrmstoolbox?
RyC

Post by RyC »

Sorry, just saw the sticky which says leave dvrmstoolbox at 10 minutes and it should start. So then I assume all we have to do is set live_tv=1 and that's it?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

yes,

Also make sure the output_dvrmstb is enabled
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

I enabled live tv support but it does not seem to work. How does it work? Do I need to be recording? I am not sure how this works.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

You need some software like drvmstb or dirmon2 to start comskip while recording.
In the used tool you need to set the start of comskip 10 minutes after the recording has started.
These tools will also start comskip on past recordings if the output data from comskip has not yet been generated.
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

It works for recorded shows when completed. I have all of those settings in dvrs. If I enable Live Tv it begins processing before the recording is complete?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

The setting
live_tv=1
in comskip.ini telss comskip to also output commercial info while it is processing the recording instead of only at the end.
The output is less accurate then the final output but it is for the benefit of those people that already what to jump over commercials while whatching a show that is still being recorded.

To start comskip to process an ongoing recording (instead of a finished recording) you need an application that can start comskip sometime after the recording has started.
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

I use DVRMST but it does not seem to work. The processing begins after the recording and I have it set to 10 minutes. Is there something else I need to change?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

The setting to start while recording is in the filewatcher of dvrmstb
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

I am in DVRMStoolbox 1.2.2.5 settings under filewatcher and I don't see this setting.
btracy

Post by btracy »

If you want to do live recording scanning, you need to set a Wait Time of 0 not 10. The Wait Time setting is defined as (per the pop-up dialog) "the amount of time to wait for a file to stop being written to". Setting it to 10 shouldn't start the scan until the file has stopped recording for 10 minutes.

A number of us have found a problem with comskip crashing when doing scanning on live recordings unless you delay the start of the scan for ~5 minutes and set the number of threads to 1 (see here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1244).