Any Alternative to DTb File Watcher?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
erik
Site Admin

Re: Any Alternative to DTb File Watcher?

Post by erik »

I don't remember why I changed comskip default priority to normal so I switched back to IDLE in build 063
mogulman

Post by mogulman »

ghostlobster wrote:Actually, i justs did a rebuild of the PC that is processing commercial skip data, so I discovered the "login as service" issue first hand. On my original build, the user had already been granted permissions to login as service from another issue i was working on. The easy fix is to enter the info in the Dirmon interface, don't try to start the service, just install it, close out the interface then start the service from the Services app in control panel, and grant the permissions there. Once complete, you're good to go!

Oh, Erik, awesome job on Live TV. I just set Dirmon to wait for a file to reach 200MB before launching, and with Live_tv set to 1, the. Xml file is created on the fly nicely.
Thanks a bunch!
Seems to be working at lower priority now. Great!!

How did you do the 200MB limit? Did you set it up to ignore files smaller than 200,000 kb?
mogulman

Post by mogulman »

ghostlobster wrote:Well...looks like we may have a winner here using Dirmon2. Here's what I did and a few "gottchas" that may pop up for others:

4 - The configuration is a tad confusing. The Triggers are not exactly obvious. Leave the "Must Exist" flags blank, the variable between Must Exist and Must Not exist should be set to AND. For Must Not Exist, I used xml OR log as the extensions. This way, if it sees a .wtv file, and either a xml file, or a log file does not exist, it will queue the file for processing. If either exists, it will skip that file, seeing it as already processed.
I copied my XML files to my recorded tv directory. I didn't have any log files.

I noticed that all my WTV files were queued up even if they had XML. Any idea why? Is there some logic that is wrong in the GUI? is it supposed to be .XML? I just used XML.
mogulman

Post by mogulman »

mogulman wrote:
ghostlobster wrote:Well...looks like we may have a winner here using Dirmon2. Here's what I did and a few "gottchas" that may pop up for others:

4 - The configuration is a tad confusing. The Triggers are not exactly obvious. Leave the "Must Exist" flags blank, the variable between Must Exist and Must Not exist should be set to AND. For Must Not Exist, I used xml OR log as the extensions. This way, if it sees a .wtv file, and either a xml file, or a log file does not exist, it will queue the file for processing. If either exists, it will skip that file, seeing it as already processed.
I copied my XML files to my recorded tv directory. I didn't have any log files.

I noticed that all my WTV files were queued up even if they had XML. Any idea why? Is there some logic that is wrong in the GUI? is it supposed to be .XML? I just used XML.
Ok... Found after my own answer...

If you have Must Not Exist XML or log, then the either the XML or the Log file must not exist for it to run the wtv file....so it would run for me because I had XML but the Log didn't exist.
I had to make it XML and Log, this means that the XML and the log must not exist for it to run. I'll probably just change it to XML only anyway...
mogulman

Post by mogulman »

Erik,

63 is working good for priority, but it looks like you added something in 62, that causes compskip to end prematurely for me when doing LiveTV. Temporarily I've gone back to 61. May go back to DTBFilewatcher.

I have comskip starting 14 minutes after the start of a program. I also turned lowres=0, (I had it as lowres=1), and it still happens.

Unfortunately I only had the log at verbose=5. Here is the part of the log:
Audio PTS jumped -23 frames at frame 0
Audio PTS jumped -22 frames at frame 0
Audio PTS jumped -24 frames at frame 0
Panic volume buffer

I'll try and run it at 10.
pberge

Post by pberge »

I just set up comskip to work with dirmon2 and it's working really well, but I'm having trouble with the location of the xml files.

Comskip is putting the files into the same folder as the source video, but DVRMSToolbox is only looking for the xml files in one specific location. I saw mentioned somewhere that these files should be recognized, but I keep getting the "commercial file not found" message. As soon as I put the xml files into the DVRMSToolbox folder, everything works fine.

Is there something in the DVRMSToolbox or DTBAddin that I'm missing?

This all started because I decided to switch from RecordedTVHD to Media Browser and began renaming my recordings and moving them into folders by series and season. The file watcher wasn't recursively scanning my TV folder, so nothing was being processed. dirmon2 seemed like the perfect solution, but I just need to get over the one last hurdle.

Any advice would be appreciated.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

When comskip is run by dirmon2 you should specify with an additional parameter the folder where the output files should be generated.
Invoke comskip without any parameters from the commandline and it will tell you all possible parameters.
pberge

Post by pberge »

Thanks erik. I might not need dirmon2 after all.

I'm now using Media Center Master to move files from recorded tv into series folders and this move is somehow triggering dvrmstoolbox to run comskip. I don't understand how it's working because my 'watched directories' list is blank in DVRMSToolbox, but I guess I'll take it.
mogulman

Post by mogulman »

mogulman wrote:Erik,

63 is working good for priority, but it looks like you added something in 62, that causes compskip to end prematurely for me when doing LiveTV. Temporarily I've gone back to 61. May go back to DTBFilewatcher.

I have comskip starting 14 minutes after the start of a program. I also turned lowres=0, (I had it as lowres=1), and it still happens.

Unfortunately I only had the log at verbose=5. Here is the part of the log:
Audio PTS jumped -22 frames at frame 0
Panic volume buffer

I'll try and run it at 10.
I've been using 61 for almost a month now with no issues. For some reasons 62 and 63 were having issues for me.

I don't know if the Panic Volume error went away completely, or if Comskip just didn't stop on the Panic Volume and then cleaned up the logs, but I'm not seeing any Panic Volume Buffer errors anymore.

update: Looked in logs. Looks like it still happens, but comskip continues to process in 61. 10 out of 11 shows have the error. None caused Comskip to stop processing. 2 of the recordings looked like above error at Frame 0. One of the 2, didn't come up with any commercials.
Last edited by mogulman on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
mogulman

Post by mogulman »

rerunning one of the files that has the Panic Volume Buffer error, and it doesn't come up with the error. So I must only happen during Live TV processing.
joesc1

Post by joesc1 »

Did we ever get posted a sample of the VBScript or some other process to extend Dirmon2? I'm looking for a way to have Dirmon call something that would look at the file metadata to look for the "WM/WMRVContentProtected" flag to determine if it should run on protected files. If it finds the file is protected, just create a blank xml and log file and skip the scan by comskip.

Thanks
tzr916

Post by tzr916 »

Dirmon2 is not waiting until the tv show is finished recording. It kicks off comskip too soon, while the show is still recording. I need it to wait until the show is finished. I have tried all settings under "Wait until..."

For example, a 2 hour show that's recording, gets created at the start of the show but might not get written to again until 20 or 30 minutes later. Then not written to in another 20 or 30 minutes. Until the end of the show. So Dirmwon2 thinks it's done when it's not.

-Do I really have to set it to wait for 2+ hours?

-Also, in the box for "wait until file stops growing", is that in seconds? or minutes? or?
LastButNotLeast

Post by LastButNotLeast »

You just need the checkbox "Wait until the target file is finished." Uncheck everything else in that section.
tzr916

Post by tzr916 »

LastButNotLeast wrote:You just need the checkbox "Wait until the target file is finished." Uncheck everything else in that section.
I'll try it.

Does the "time between file size tests" box only apply to "wait until file stops growing"?
LastButNotLeast

Post by LastButNotLeast »

Yes.