Any Alternative to DTb File Watcher?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
ghostlobster

Re: Any Alternative to DTb File Watcher?

Post by ghostlobster »

toricred wrote:It was my understanding that a command line such as: comskip \\server\share\file.ts would not actually work. I would be ecstatic to be mistaken though.
Then get yourself a tissue and prepare to be ecstatic and prove it to yourself...drag a file from a share onto the comskip executable and watch it process.
I'm not lying about my config. It works and works well.
Now, regarding just running it from a command line like that, i have no clue. Havent tried it direct from a command line, but yes, i could see how that could fail, and it's not a comskip specific issue...it's an environment issue. However, just dragging it onto the exe, or calling it from another app, works like a charm.

***Edit***
Snippet from the comskip log below:

################################################################
Generated using Comskip 0.81.036
Time at start of run:
Fri May 11 23:16:05 2012
################################################################
Mpeg: \\PHENOMX4\Recorded TV\House Hunters International_HGTVD_2012_05_11_22_30_01.wtv
Exe comskip.exe
Logo: \\PHENOMX4\Recorded TV\House Hunters International_HGTVD_2012_05_11_22_30_01.logo.txt
Ini: c:\comskip\comskip.ini
toricred

Post by toricred »

Awesome. That solves one of the two issues I have left with the latest version. Now all that's left is live detection.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I added UNC path processing a long time ago.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

Hey guys, I've been working on getting this dirmon2 going and I'm having some issues. I set it up like it should be, as far as I know. It's just not doing ANYTHING. I get it going, get the service running, tried it both under the username and as local machine (as all recordings are on the local machine). I can see that the service *is* indeed running. Tried on a whim to change the file extensions to "wtv" instead of ".wtv". Just not entirely sure what is going on.
I'm going to try to attach some pictures of my setup, though I'm not sure if I'm allowed yet. If I'm successful in attaching them and shouldn't have, then I'm sorry, you can wipe them away. Otherwise, here we go.

With any luck I'm missing some obvious little thing that you'll point out and I'll call myself an idiot for missing.
Thanks for any and all help.
Ben
toricred

Post by toricred »

In my setup I never put the '.' before any of the extensions if I recall correctly. I also always fill in the Must Not Exist field. Finally I also check the Search Subdirectories box.
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

toricred wrote:In my setup I never put the '.' before any of the extensions if I recall correctly. I also always fill in the Must Not Exist field. Finally I also check the Search Subdirectories box.
Correct. No . in front of any extensions, including in the must not exist fields.

Also, a few other things. Run the service as a user, but make certain that user has a password. Doesn't windows barf on running services as users sans passwords?
Also, are you running the GUI as administrator (right click, select Run as administrator)? Did you do the same for the install?
It might not be a bad idea to enable logging in comskip as well...just to see if that's even getting called (verbose=10)
Hmmm...in looking at your path to comskip.exe...should't there be " around it, seeing as it has a space in it? Did you browse to the path, or enter it manually?
Finally, somewhere in the dirmon2 install directory, you'll see some logs. Check that and that'll give you an idea as to where the problem might lie.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

Huzzah! I got my first process! I think the issue was the periods in file extension. I put quotes around my comskip path, but then I was logging an error where there were two sets around the path, so I took them out again and voila. I've still got issue with cleanup not deleting files, but I have some ideas I'm gonna play with before coming back to ask for more help. I'm sure the waf just went up,I know the maf (my acceptance) went way up.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

So do there need to be resources available to do cleanup? I'm waiting to see if that's true or not, but I'm impatient and there are still about 10 shoes on the queue. I was also wondering, perhaps it'll only cleanup for files that its processed. That would seem strange to me, but i've heard of stranger occurrences.
Lemme know. And thanks for getting my comskip up and running again! :-D
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

bmblank wrote:So do there need to be resources available to do cleanup? I'm waiting to see if that's true or not, but I'm impatient and there are still about 10 shoes on the queue. I was also wondering, perhaps it'll only cleanup for files that its processed. That would seem strange to me, but i've heard of stranger occurrences.
Lemme know. And thanks for getting my comskip up and running again! :-D
No clue about resources and cleanup. Just, again, make certain there are no . in front of your estensions there either. Kill the service, make the changes, start the service.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

Its running good now it looks like. It appears that resources do need to be available to clean up. I'm excited about this watcher, as it already seems about a million times better than dtb. Maybe not so much better, but better for my purposes. Thanks for all the help!
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

What cleanup do you need?
Unneeded comskip output files can be disabled
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

erik wrote:What cleanup do you need?
Unneeded comskip output files can be disabled
The cleanup deletes the xml files (or anything else) when the corresponding wtv files are deleted.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

Ditto.
I will probably disable the log file creations though now that its running well. Now they're just unnecessary writes to my disk. Maybe I'll get an extra 2 Weeks out of my drive by doing that.:-)
toricred

Post by toricred »

I just got a chance to try this with UNC paths and it works perfectly. Thanks ghostlobster.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I'm happy to announce that I finally seem to get live .wtv processing working.
Now I have to do some more testing and than I will ask those that did send test and log files to test.