Any Alternative to DTb File Watcher?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
ghostlobster

Re: Any Alternative to DTb File Watcher?

Post by ghostlobster »

erik wrote:I'm happy to announce that I finally seem to get live .wtv processing working.
Now I have to do some more testing and than I will ask those that did send test and log files to test.

:shock:
:) AWESOME!
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

Now that I have an alternative to dtbs file watcher,I have to ask.. does dtb really need to be installed to run the dtb addin? I seem to recall the sin running independently at some point, but I may have missed something. Of core in order to customize buttons it would have to be running, but if the default is fine??
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

bmblank wrote:Now that I have an alternative to dtbs file watcher,I have to ask.. does dtb really need to be installed to run the dtb addin? I seem to recall the sin running independently at some point, but I may have missed something. Of core in order to customize buttons it would have to be running, but if the default is fine??
I don't think it will run without having DTb installed. However, just installing DTb, disabling file watcher, and then installing the add-in requires zero configuration and minimal resources. Really, just having it installed for the add-in is fine.
glugglug

Post by glugglug »

How do you make it run as low/idle priority under DirMon2, or are you running it as normal priority?

Also, if you have your recordings and xml files in 2 separate folders, does DirMon2 allow you to specify that the cleanup should check the recording folder for the wtv?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

live tv processing is working on .wtv files in build 0.81.037
give it a try.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

I'm so excited! I'm glad I'm home so I don't have top wait to install it.

So I'm a nerd, what of it?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Let me hear if it works, or not....
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

I can see in the dir mon gui that the current recording is being processed but the xml hasn't been created yet. does comskip put it in some srt of temp directory until it is done or should it drop it right in the same directory as always?

When I get some time I will set my verbose back to 10 and see if I can't get a log file.
If nothing else, it'll mean I can watch shows sooner instead of waiting 20 minutes after its done. I'll get back to you.

Ben
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

the xml gets created at the end
toricred

Post by toricred »

I just tried the new version live with ts files containing h.264 encoded Hauppaugue Colossus files and unfortunately it "finishes" before completing. I have logs and will post if this is a valid test. I understand that the current focus is on wtv files and I'm not using them.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

Oh, I see. I guess I misunderstood, thinking that I would be able to skip while it was recording (as long as there's time of course). ReplayTV would do that. Don't get me wrong, this is awesome and way better than replay. This will still help throughput.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Comskip can output a preliminary results during processing but the quality is less than at the end
TonyXL

Post by TonyXL »

erik wrote:Comskip can output a preliminary results during processing but the quality is less than at the end
The preliminary results have been just as accurate for me as the end results....you might as well enable the live results maybe they'll as good for you as they are for me.
blich_iu

Post by blich_iu »

I took a quick look at the compskip.ini file and didn't notice anything obvious. What is the setting to turn on the prelim results file?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

See comskip.txt for all possible settings
live_tv=1