File Cleanup

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
htpcthor

File Cleanup

Post by htpcthor »

I am using DVRMSToolBox with ComSkip and having problems with leftover files not being deleted. All of the files in my Recorded TV directory are being cleaned up after a show is deleted. But the files created in 'users\public\DVRMSToolBox\CommercialXML' are not being cleaned up. The files extensions are XML, TXT, and EDL, are in the cleanup extensions list. Do I need to put this directory in the watched list?

Thanks for the help.
marvin-miller

Re: File Cleanup

Post by marvin-miller »

You'll probably have more success with DVR-MS Toolbox questions on their site => http://babgvant.com/forums/

In fact, I think that questions been asked many times over there and there may be a FAQ on it :-)
btracy

Post by btracy »

Yeah likely much more over there but the cleanup seems to be working for me. I know it doesn't cleanup the .xml folder immediately like it does the recorded tv folder. I believe it is tied to the Cleanup Frequency setting on the File Watcher tab but I have honestly not tested it to know for sure.
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

I used to be fluent in DVRMS-Toolbox but since VAP came about I stopped using it. For me, VAP does pretty much everything I need even though it's not as comprehensive as DVRMS-Toolbox. It costs more in that you have to purchase Video Redo but for me it's been pretty much 100% since February this year. No fuss, no muss :mrgreen:
Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x »

EDIT 2012-09-19: New version CleanDir 1.1 - updated download link below

Hi all,
I personally don't like too much those "always-active processes" on the pc, as it's a waste of CPU power to me - don't blame me pls :) .
So I wrote two little helper cmd (batch) files that do the cleanup once per day invoked by Win TaskMgr together with XMLTV creation. See link below.

They check for leftover files for which no corresponding video file is present.
You can configure the behavior in the cmd files, scanning sub-dirs, writing a log, delete or move/backup files you want to get rid of.

Much easier to me than using a massive toolbax (and I know, they're BRILLIANT, don't misunderstand)

Maybe some of you prefer to do it the same way:
Download V 1.1 (2,5 kB): http://21x.eu/downloads/CleanDirectory.html

Greetz from Switzerland - Christoph
Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x »

Christoph21x wrote:EDIT 2012-09-19: New version CleanDir 1.1 - updated download link below
New version V 1.1:
Download V 1.1 (2,5 kB): http://21x.eu/downloads/CleanDirectory.html

Revision History:
  • Version 1.1: Checks also the existence of other video files to decide, NOT to define files as "left-overs": *.ts (same as V 1.0), *.wtv, *.dvr-ms, *.mpeg, *.mpg, *.mp4, *.mov
    Other video file types can be added in DelNoTS.cmd easily
Greetz from Switzerland - Christoph