SKip back does not wotk

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
Deihmos

SKip back does not wotk

Post by Deihmos »

I am using the most recent donation build of comskip with the DTBaddin and DVRMST. When I try to skip back it only goes back one commercial. Is there a setting that will enable me to skip back further?
erik
Site Admin

Re: SKip back does not wotk

Post by erik »

Better ask that question at the DVRMSTB forum
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

What is the alternative to DVRMS? What's the best software to use with comskip? I am a bit new to this and using Windows Media Center.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

Check out this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1223
Quite new in this use, but people are generally happy. Unfortunately i don't think it'll fix your problem, as dtb is still needed, and short of using a different program to view your video, dtb is the only choice for reading the commercial file.
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.
mike_b

Post by mike_b »

Has anyone used the new 2.x versions of MCEBuddy? I plan on converting from SageTV to Media Center 7 in the near future and I'm also looking for an easy to use file-watcher program to use with Media Center and Comskip. MCEBuddy works with Comskip and looks user friendly.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I use NPVR both for recording and (commercial free) viewing.
Not the best documentation but lightweight/extendable and does the job.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

Mike_b and deihmos, make sure to check out thegreenbutton.com, an actual wmc forum. There are people there that can answer most all of your questions. Many people using a variety of softwares and addons and such. If its possible, somebody there has probably tried it. And in many cases, even if its not possible...
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

I use VAP, ComSkip & VideoRedo on Windows 7 MC - it works well but the VAP author doesn't understand the merits of live detection :roll: The benefit of using VAP/VideoRedo is that you have many choices for your input/output file format and you can also automate frame-accurate H.264 editing without re-encoding the file. It's also all point & click - really, really simple stuff.

The downside is that you have to buy VideoRedo ($100) although, it's not really a downside as the software is useful for everything and can easily become your defacto video editing software for any other projects (camcorder etc). So, it can replace a lot of other, much more limited, video editing software.

VAP is not widely known, it has a very small user base, but it is very solid and works very well. It's truly set it and forget it. WAY easier then DVRMS-Toolbox and it mimics the core functionality very well such that there's little I miss from the old Toolbox days :-)

VAP => http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showt ... hp?t=26288

I was always hoping VAP would take off like a rocket once it became well known and largely replace DVRMS-Toolbox, MCE Buddy etc but it's strongest features, the author, can also be it's weakest feature ;-)

It's a 15 minute install (if that) and I spend 0 hours on it after installing - period. Truly automated commercial detection and removal etc.

But the bottom line is, VAP is very, very well done and merits serious consideration, especially if buying VideoRedo isn't a deal-breaker for you.