INCOMMERCIAL file

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
htpcthor

INCOMMERCIAL file

Post by htpcthor »

I know the INCOMMERCIAL file is needed during live detection, but can it be deleted after live detection is over? And if so, can it be an option in the ini file to delete this file like the logo file.

BTW, what program reads this file?
erik
Site Admin

Re: INCOMMERCIAL file

Post by erik »

The file is not needed and the generation can be switched off
Jagad

Post by Jagad »

I think you need to tell us how. Searching the forum doesn't say how to switch off the incommercial generation.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

do you need the preliminary comskip output while processing the video?
If not set
live_tv=0
Jagad

Post by Jagad »

I did thought if switching "live_tv" off would imply no more live tv detection...I guess I was wrong cuz it still works and the VPrj get created while liveprocessing and no incommercial file gets generated.
Thanks erik :)
htpcthor

Post by htpcthor »

???

So I can set live_tv=0 and still be able to skip commercials on a show that is currently being recorded? I'm confused. What does the live_tv switch do?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

No,
If you need skipping while recording you need live_tv=1
I will check to see if I can make sure the incommercial files is always deleted (it should be)
but when comskip crashes during live tv processing it can remain.
Jagad

Post by Jagad »

erik wrote:No,
If you need skipping while recording you need live_tv=1
Logical yes, but for .ts live detection while recording it works fine having live_tv set to 0. Maybe the .ts algoritm disregards the live_tv line all together, while other algoritms doesn't. I'm sure the live detection uses my comskip.ini. The command line option in Dirmon2 is set to --ini="C:\Program\Comskip\comskip.ini"
If switching off live_tv...comskip output file gets created alright while recording and no incommercial file.
If switching on live_tv...comskip output file gets created alright while recording and the incommercial file always gets generated from the first live dectection interval (4-5 minutes after recording start)...
erik wrote: I will check to see if I can make sure the incommercial files is always deleted (it should be)
but when comskip crashes during live tv processing it can remain.
...which would mean if having live_tv=1 (on) comskip crashes all the time then. Both during live processing and ordinary after recording processing, cuz I always ends up with the incommercial file left in the recording folder in both cases.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Gues I need to read my source code to to learn what Comskip is doing....
Jagad

Post by Jagad »

Discovered the problem with Comskip build 0.81.041 disregards live_tv on/off parameters are more of an acute nature than first anticipated. LiveTV detection can't be turned off and the consequence is Comskip is much slower than normal after recording detection was on earlier builds. Using 8 threads I can't reach higher than around 500 fps now (MPEG-2) compared to 2300 fps before on after recording processing. Probably it's normal LiveTV detection is slower, but it would be great to have a possibility to switch it off.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

The slower speed is caused by a debug message I forgot to disable
Try build 0.81.042
Jagad

Post by Jagad »

Thanks erik, speed is back to normal :D
One problem though, procentage meter stays on 0% during the whole detection process. It seems to be deactivated.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

IS it deactivated during live tv detection only or also on finished recordings?
Jagad

Post by Jagad »

Both