What am I missing?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
TheKingsOfMS

What am I missing?

Post by TheKingsOfMS »

I'm utilizing the donator beta, dtbaddin, and dvrmstoolbox. I've modified comskip.ini for output_dvrmstb=1. Log files are getting created for each recorded tv program and output_dvrmstb=1 is present in the log. However, no xml file gets created unless I manually drop a show on comskipgui.exe.

Manually removing commercials is working but it does not work automatically. Thoughts?

Brian
mike_b

Re: What am I missing?

Post by mike_b »

Verify that all of your settings match the configuration procedure that I posted here:
viewtopic.php?p=6069#p6069
TheKingsOfMS

Post by TheKingsOfMS »

Thanks for the reply Mike. I saw your posts last night. I believe I followed them exactly but I'll reverify when I get home this evening.

Brian
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

When using dvrmstb it for some reason dumps the commercial files in a dvrmstb directory. Search through there and you'll likely find them.
TheKingsOfMS

Post by TheKingsOfMS »

Mike,

My settings are exactly as yours shown in your screenshots. I'm pretty sure that the trouble lies with dvrmstoolbox since everything works when I drop a file on comskipgui.

Brian
mike_b

Post by mike_b »

I don't really know much about DVRMS Toolbox. I think the stars were perfectly aligned when I was able to get it working. In the "File Watcher" tab, do you have a dot before the extension name in the "Watched Ext" textbox? (.wtv) I have remove all of the other extensions in "Watched Ext" since I made the screenshot. I know only have .wtv in the "Watched Ext" field.