Comskip / DVRMSToolbox / DTBAddin

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
GaryDZ

Comskip / DVRMSToolbox / DTBAddin

Post by GaryDZ »

I have been trying to get Comskip (Paid Version) to work on a PC running Windows 7--- Using Windows Media Center-- So far no luck.

I tried several different times... with install/uninstalling. I ended up getting an ERROR 1001. I tried the manual uninstall and tried again--no luck.

So I figured I start fresh. I am now restoring from a Ghost Image of Windows 7---with all the updates. There should be no remnants of Comskip or DVRMSToolbox or the Addin.

What I did last time---which did not work--- I installed DVRMSToolbox 1.2.2.5, before I ran the program, I copied the paid version of Comskip into the DVRMSToolbox directory that had the free version---- I can not remember the directory name---but I know I got it right.

I made the changes to the Comskip INI that says to use DVRMSToolbox.. and set it to start after the show has completed

Question 1: Do I need the program DTBAddin - 1.0.0.7 (R3) to make comskip work? The "walk-through" setup I found for Comskip did not mention installing it. I tried it without DTBAddin and with it and I still could not get it to work.

Question 2: I am using DVRMSToolbox 1.2.2.5---and HAVE DTBAddin - 1.0.0.7 (R3)... Is that OK for Comskip?

Question 3: If DTBAddin - 1.0.0.7 (R3) does need to be installed for comskip to run, does the order of installing DVRMSToolbox and DTBAddin - 1.0.0.7 (R3) matter? If so, what should be installed first?

Any other advice?

I am pretty good with computers... This has me stumped. I have Remote Potato set up with port forwarding if it makes a difference--- I do not think it should.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Comskip / DVRMSToolbox / DTBAddin

Post by erik »

Comskip does noet require ANY other program to function.
It just gest started by some program and does its job in creating the output files you have enabled in the ini file
You can test if comskip reads the right ini file by setting
verbose=10
and then have comskip started automatically
After finishing processing the file comskip should have generated a large .log file in the same folder as the recordig with the same basename as the recording processed.
In this ini file ALL the comskip settings as read from the ini file can be found so you can check them.
If NO .log files is created by comskip then comskip is not started with the right ini file.
GaryDZ

Post by GaryDZ »

Not sure if I already said it.... But thanks for the reply.

Gary
btracy

Post by btracy »

Did you ever get this working?

You do need the DTBAddin for it to actually skip commercials. I am building a new system this weekend so I should be doing it all over again but if you still have problems I can go over my setup.
koberhol

Post by koberhol »

My system was using Showanalyzer and I decided that I wanted to give comskip a look. Comskip didn't seem to initially work so I decided to uninstall Showanalyzer. It still didn't seem to work. So I decided to do a complete uninstall of DVRMST 1.2.2.5 and low and behold I get the 1001 error that it cannot delete it. Long story short I love DVRMST and from I read on TGB comskip is also awesome. I also cannot re-install DVRMST so I'm stuck. I found the manual uninstall instructions but didn't find any remnants. I then went into HIKEY and deleted every single occurance where DVRMST and SHOWANALYZER is mentioned. Rebooted fine. Then tried to install DVRMST.... 1001 error!! In all this I even stepped back to what I though was a restore before DVRMST was uninstalled but that didn't help.

Help! What should I be looking for and delete?
koberhol

Post by koberhol »

I was able to re-install. It doesn't work yet but I'll read more and report back if I can't get the info needed. I also donated! So it better work... lol... :D