How to use a channel specific logo.txt if not using GBPVR

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
mdsflyer

How to use a channel specific logo.txt if not using GBPVR

Post by mdsflyer »

G'day Erik and et al, I'm after a bit of advice. I see from the supplied postprocessing.bat that it is possible if using GBPVR to specify a previously created logo.txt file for a particular channel.

I use media portal which creates a recorded tv filename along the lines of TV3_ArrestedDevelopment_200604232225p2534.mpg - sometimes comskip is able to create a logo.txt file for this channel, and sometimes it doesn't. This is because the logo is very faint and can't always be detected. I'd like to use a logo.txt file i have previously made on another recording from this channel which i have renamed tv3.logo.txt but i cant seem to get the postprocessing.bat file to recognise that it is handling a TV3 file. Can anyone help with the If/then line i need for my batch file which would let it use this logo.txt file for any TV3 recording. I've tried lots of combinations but no success yet.

PS Thanks Erik for a great program

Cheers m
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

YOu can specify comskip to use a certain logo file by adding --logo=<file> to the command line

In the postprocessing.bat you read
comskip --ini=channel65.ini --logo=channel65.logo.txt %1

So if you would like to use the default ini file this would become
comskip --logo= tv3.logo.txt %1

The "only" problem would be to know if when you are recording from TV3.
GBPVR passes the channel number as the second parameter so the %2 is used to select the channel specific processing.

If in MP all recordings from TV3 start with TV3 in the name then you can change the postprocessing.bat file to check if the name starts with TV3 and then select the comskip call with the TV3 logo file.
If you want an example on how to do this look at comclean.bat in the comclean zip file.