Logo parameter confusion

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
K.B

Logo parameter confusion

Post by K.B »

Hi Erik,

I need to force comskip to look much later in the file to detect the logo because some sports broadcasts in Oz use different logos to the normal channel (no idea why this should be but it just is). I seem to remember you added this but capability a while ago but can't find the post or a setting in tuning.htm or your sample ini file.

I found the follow in the tuning.htm:
When Comskip is started and it cannot find a logo file such as short.logo.txt it will start to scan for a logo after 1000 frames. You can change this by setting give_up_logo_search to another value such as

give_up_logo_search=2000
The text suggests that it might be what I'm after but the name suggests that it is not. I don't want it to give up after 1000 frames, I want it to start scanning at around 15000 frames (or 600 seconds).

My log file conflicts with this documentation because under detection methods it states:
Detection Methods to be used:
1) Black Frame
2) Logo - Give up after 2000 seconds
3) Fuzzy Logic
4) Aspect Ratio
5) Silence
Later in the log file it indicates that it is actually 'doublechecking frames' in the 400 range. Also note that one states seconds and one states frames which is a bit confusing.

I'm not trying to nit pick because I'm still a great fan of comskip, the accuracy is great and dvr-ms support is a real bonus. Just a bit confused :D

If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it

cheers,

K.B
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Indeed you spotted a mistake.
When Comskip is started and it cannot find a logo file such as short.logo.txt it will start to scan for a logo after 1000 frames. You can change this by setting give_up_logo_search to another value such as

give_up_logo_search=2000
This is wrong.

When comskip has found a logo and the logo disappears and is NOT coming back after 1.5 times max commercial break comskip will start to search again for a logo till at max give_up_logo_search (in seconds)

This is intended for when you record because of pre-padding the last part of the previous show with a different logo or if the first part of the show has a different logo

The doublechecking is to check directly after a logo is learned if the logo has sufficient quality to be used as a logo mask. This is done each time a logo is learned.

Hope this helps!