VideoReDo output needs a change please

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
ColdBrew

VideoReDo output needs a change please

Post by ColdBrew »

When you output the cut information for videoredo, could you add the PID info used while scanning? It is needed for videoredo to do the cuts. It gives an error without it.

The PIDs are needed in decimal and NOT hex. For example for 0x31 for video and 0x34 for audio. It would need the following two lines after the file listing.

<VideoStreamPID>49
<AudioStreamPID>52

Thanks in advance.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Is that only for TS files or also for PS files?
ColdBrew

Post by ColdBrew »

erik wrote:Is that only for TS files or also for PS files?
Thats a good question and I don't know the answer to it. I would think that TS and TP are basically the same but everything I work with is TP.

EDIT: I'm sorry I miss read your question. I'm not sure what PS files are...
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

If you record in .ts or .tp file then these recordings are MPEG Transport Streams.

If you record in .mpeg files then they are most likely MPEG Program Stream files.

Given you input I assume its indeed a Transport Stream recording, potherwise there would also be no need to provide this input to videoredo

Will do in the next build.
ColdBrew

Post by ColdBrew »

erik wrote:If you record in .ts or .tp file then these recordings are MPEG Transport Streams.

If you record in .mpeg files then they are most likely MPEG Program Stream files.

Given you input I assume its indeed a Transport Stream recording, potherwise there would also be no need to provide this input to videoredo

Will do in the next build.
You are correct! Thanks a lot!
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Done, could you test?
ColdBrew

Post by ColdBrew »

erik wrote:Done, could you test?
Sure, I don't have time to do it right now, but I'll try it tonight and let you know. Thanks for the quick response!
ColdBrew

Post by ColdBrew »

Works great! Thanks!
kerryklarson

Re: VideoReDo output needs a change please

Post by kerryklarson »

ColdBrew wrote:When you output the cut information for videoredo, could you add the PID info used while scanning? It is needed for videoredo to do the cuts. It gives an error without it.
It's not correct that VideoRedo must have the PIDs specified in the project file to work. I've been using it for a year without this on innumerable transport stream files. You may need to select the "Ignore Transport Stream Maps" option.

It is a good thing though to have this new option in Comskip.