Latest Donator Version + Live TV

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
linguica101

Latest Donator Version + Live TV

Post by linguica101 »

So I downloaded the latest donator version, change live tv =1 and i can see the commercial skips on windows media center w/ DTBAddin plugin, but it doesn't actually skip the commercial. Am I missing something?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Latest Donator Version + Live TV

Post by erik »

On the Settings window of DVRMSTB, go to the "Commercial Skip" tab and enable "auto skip"

Or have a look here

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12486/ho ... ia-center/
linguica101

Post by linguica101 »

erik wrote:On the Settings window of DVRMSTB, go to the "Commercial Skip" tab and enable "auto skip"

Or have a look here

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12486/ho ... ia-center/
I have those settings checked already. To be more specific about my problem, it only occurs when the live show is still recording. Comskip is processing the file correctly, even shows where the commercials are, but once it gets to a commercial it doesn't skip. Strange this is, once the show is over and I'm assuming comskip has finished processing, the skip starts to work. I was thinking I was missing a config setting in comskip, but perhaps I'm missing something on dvrmstb?
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

Make sure live_tv is set to 1 in your comskip.ini file.
linguica101

Post by linguica101 »

bmblank wrote:Make sure live_tv is set to 1 in your comskip.ini file.
Thanks, but I have live tv = 1, that is why I'm confused it isn't working.
Maybe I should go back to the previous donator version? OR is there something wrong with my dvrmstb install?

As I mentioned before, I am able to skip commercials after the show is over and the file has been processed. But commercials don't skip while the show is live.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

mmm.
Maybe good to try build 51.....
linguica101

Post by linguica101 »

erik wrote:mmm.
Maybe good to try build 51.....
I haven't had a chance to switch to v.51 yet. But I was thinking how does dvrms recognize there is a commerical to skip? Doesn't it need an xml file? The reason I ask, is because it doesn't appear that v.52 is creating a temporary .xml file. Is it suppose to? How/what does comskip do/create to skip commericals in live mode?

Looking at the logs for dvrms there doesn't appear to be any sort of temporary xml file for it to use to skip commericals. Maybe I'm way off base but thought it was worth asking.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

dvrms can specify an output dir where the .xml file would be written.
Hope that setting is not troubling you
linguica101

Post by linguica101 »

erik wrote:dvrms can specify an output dir where the .xml file would be written.
Hope that setting is not troubling you
you're referring to the:

Commerical Path 'C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\CommercialsXml'
right?

If yes, I have that set. This is where the temporary xml file should be created for each recording when live tv=1 correct?
What can I do to check that comskip is actually creating a temporary xml file?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Can you set
verbose=10
in the comksip.ini file
and post the log file comskip generates and the log file dvrms creates
linguica101

Post by linguica101 »

erik wrote:Can you set
verbose=10
in the comksip.ini file
and post the log file comskip generates and the log file dvrms creates
I'll do that once I get home. I'm thinking something is getting screwed up with my commercial path directories. I may be complicating things since I'm running comskip and dvrmstb on a second computer (different from the computer I have dtbaddin installed on). My guess is that I must have changed directory folders to get my xml files recognized by dtbaddin and as a result I'm no longer creating a temporary xml file? I dunno, like I said I need to wait until I get home.

Thanks for the help thus far.
linguica101

Post by linguica101 »

seem to have finally gotten some success. Not sure if it was because I changed the path for the xml files or if I practice some patience and waited until the show was recorded for about 10-15 minutes. But it does appear to finally skip commericals while still processing the recording. So for now I'm happy!
Taddeusz

Post by Taddeusz »

Live TV is no longer working with version 81.053. I had to fall back to 81.052. I am using SageTV. Nothing else has changed except for updating the comskip executable.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Thanks for the update.Must admit that I did a lot of tests before releasing except if live TV processing still worked...
Taddeusz

Post by Taddeusz »

The re-release of 81.053 is still not working with live tv. It gets to about 10 minutes into the recording and then stops. I had to back out to 81.052.