Comskip, WMC, and DVRMSToolbox?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
Wilky13

Comskip, WMC, and DVRMSToolbox?

Post by Wilky13 »

Anyone using comskip to mark commercial segments but not remove them in WMC? (specifically mkv's)

I use MCEBuddy to convert my recorded wtv files to mkv. I was using comskip to remove the commercials completely from the final mkv file. I have 4 different comskip.ini's for different channels and I'd say it is +95% accurate. However, that less than 5% still gets to me. The newest version of MCEBuddy allows you to move the edl and/or xml file created by comskip during the conversion to destination folder. All my shows are saved as D:\TV Shows\Showname\Season #\showname - S##E## - episodename.mkv. I told MCEBuddy to scan for commercials now but NOT remove them in the transcode. Now I also get an edl and xml file with the same exact name as the mkv in the output directory. I ran an episode in WMC and can see the result. As you can see from the attached image the commercial segments are shown in red in the progress bar, but hitting skip forward still only skips 30 seconds, and not the whole commercial break.

Do I have to install DTB Addin (and therefore DVRMSToolbox) to get WMC to skip the whole commercial break, not just 30 seconds?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Comskip, WMC, and DVRMSToolbox?

Post by erik »

Maybe aks at the dvrmstoolbox forum?
Wilky13

Re: Comskip, WMC, and DVRMSToolbox?

Post by Wilky13 »

erik wrote:Maybe aks at the dvrmstoolbox forum?
I'll try there too.