Can i set a profile?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
LightsOn

Can i set a profile?

Post by LightsOn »

Hi Erik and the wider comunity,

firstly thank you for all efforts and an excelent product - please to see a still active forum on the topic of add skipping.

I started with SA but found no real current discushions or forum - i used that as i had installed Recorded TV HD for mce. however i am having more sucess with Comskip.

I wanted to know if i can create a profile per channell? or per show? so i can ebgin to drill down setting to perfection? I understand it will take some time but i think worth it.

Also - and perhaps a silly question. is this type of work less of a UK thing as a lot of posts over the wider internet stae less sucsess in the UK? surly just not enough efforts on setting profiles right?

I will of couse share any updated .ini files so the forum can also make use.

Mnay thnaks in advance.

LightsOn
LightsOn

Re: Can i set a profile?

Post by LightsOn »

Hi again,

doing lots of reading and found this;

"There are no profiles in Comskip, but most of the same functionality can be obtained by using the Processing Condition Editor in DTB. So far I have created rules to skip the premium channels in DTB and I understand that rules could also be created to use different INI files to scan shows recorded from different channels, although I haven't gotten that far in yet."

so i guess the answere is to get working .ini files for the channels i need and do profiles in DTB.

any one got any pointers or links usefull?

..i will also keep reading :)
LightsOn

Post by LightsOn »

...and more..

so if not using a profilein DTB i could use post procesing.bat - corect?

i see this in the file:

Rem this trick also makes it possible to have dedicated comskip.ini file for certain channels.
if "%2" == "79" goto channel79
if "%2" == "72" goto channel72
if "%2" == "65" goto channel65
Rem use the default comskip.ini for all other channels
goto generic

:channel79
comskip --ini=channel79.ini %1
goto continue
:channel72
comskip --ini=channel72.ini %1
goto continue
:channel65
rem This is an example of how to reuse a previously learned logo to prevent Comskip from learning the wrong logo
comskip --ini=channel65.ini --logo=channel65.logo.txt %1
goto continue

But i am not sure hwere i put the newly created .ini files? some asumptions:

1)the bat file is run to befoe processing to determin if a custom ini is to be used.
2) if a custom ini is set fro say channel 5, and it is listed in the prcoes bat and is in the corect file it is used instead of the defult?

a little guidence would be great if any one wishes to take a little pitty on me - i am getting there :-)
LightsOn

Post by LightsOn »

okay think i get the bat file - but even thought it is PostProcessing.bat it is run first? so how do i make DBT run the bat and not the normal cmskip.ini?
LightsOn

Post by LightsOn »

okay so close but no joy - not sure how to get DTB to run the .bat file - or if that is corect.

:?
LightsOn

Post by LightsOn »

Update...

okay so more reading and i think forget the .bat for me and back to DTB.

found this:

"you need to use the comskip advanced action. the default config (--ini=channel%WM/MediaOriginalChannel%.ini) will select the ini file based on the channel number."

and..

"OK, the first thing I've noticed is that, when used like this, the --ini switch needs the full path to the ini file, or else it will just default to comskip.ini. So, for example, the argument line should read:

--ini="C:\Program Files\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\channel%WM/MediaOriginalChannel%.ini"

Everything else seems to be working well so far, though! It's great finally to have an equivalent of SA's channel profiles."

So i managed to find channel number by right clicking on file and selecting tetails tab so this if fine.

I shall make a custon .ini with setting i know will not find or will find vastly differing results on a certain channel. the custom ini i shall name "channel%.ini" where "%" relates to the channel numner. I shall place this in the same folder as the comskip.ini

I shall add the "durrant.plugins.Comskip.Advanced" to the "Fine Comercials in DVR-MS" so hopefuly it call the custom .ini

..time to test! wish me luck :?
LightsOn

Post by LightsOn »

Sucsess - I think! :-)

so I found a post by Woodchuck over at the TGB:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=9&t=2462

Thanks Woodchuck!

only change was that in point point for it states:

"4) In the context field, enter "ContextFile"....[]"

You actualy need to select from the drop down menu "InputFile"

I also used a different argument to woodchuck as i want to do per channel so i used WM/MediaOrigionalChannel and made it equal to the chnael listed as mentioned above by right clickibng on the file.

As Woodchuck stated i highly advise testing the rule to ensure it works.

The end result is I have in the log a referance to the desired .ini file so i think i am there.

now i can use the standard .ini all the time and when i get a problem channel i can create bespoke .ini files to aid in fine tuning. I am hopeing i will only need to fine tune a few channels...lets see! :-)

12 hours well spend workign this out lol - lets hope so. hope my rambleings help someone else as when you know how it is just a few clicks!

now onto tuning...

:D