Followed Setup instructions for DVRMSToolbox - Still no joy

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
foogama

Followed Setup instructions for DVRMSToolbox - Still no joy

Post by foogama »

I'm running Windows 7 x64 with Windows Media Center. I have the donator's version of comskip and followed this forum's setup guide on configuring it with DVRMSToolbox. I changed the comskip .ini file to reflect output_dvrmstb=1 and the DTB Addin is enabled within Windows Media Center.

My recorded shows generate VIH files in the C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\CommercialsXml directory, but no .xml files are being generated by comskip. All of the Below are my settings within DVRMStoMPEG Settings. Does anyone see anything I'm missing? All the FW Logs for my recorded shows contain:

Finished Commercial Detectection
No commercials found
Action did not complete successfully

Image Image
Image Image
LastButNotLeast

Re: Followed Setup instructions for DVRMSToolbox - Still no

Post by LastButNotLeast »

First step is to get rid of the periods in the extensions you have in watched and video types (and anywhere else).
If you have output_dvrmstb=1 and you're not getting xml output, then either it's not set to one or it's using a different ini file. I suggest you put a copy of the show on your desktop, unzip the version of comskip you're using to the desktop, then drop the show on the comskipgui in that folder. If comskip runs (which I have every expectation that it will), then your problem is in Toolbox, and would probably be better pursued there. It may have something to do with your network access (if fixing the extensions doesn't help).
Avs

Re: Followed Setup instructions for DVRMSToolbox - Still no

Post by Avs »

Had the same issue, the problem was indeed with DVRMSToolbox. This thread is from months ago, you probably already solved your issue, but even if so perhaps I can help someone else having this problem because I found this thread pretty quickly with a web search of the error message we were both getting. What turned out to be the problem was that I had my output directory set with a trailing '/' such as S:/Recorded TV/, and the way DVRMSToolbox calls comskip, what that trailing / does is act as an escape character and include the end quotes of the command in the line, so comskip now tries to output the XML file to S:/Recorded TV", which of course is not a real path, hence the failure. This probably isn't the only issue that could cause that vague error message, but it was the one I had and perhaps this will help someone else. Removing all trailing '/'s from DVRMSToolbox Settings' file paths fixed the problem entirely.