Inserting black frames into cutpoints.

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
poisonoushydra

Inserting black frames into cutpoints.

Post by poisonoushydra »

First of all, thank you for this amazing piece of software.

I just have one quick question: is there any way to insert a few seconds of black frames during each cutpoint. This would make a much smoother transition between show and commercial, and make the cutoffs a little easier to find when seeking. A pretty minor feature, but one that would be useful nonetheless. Sometimes I find the cuts from pre-commercial to post-commercial a little jarring. I am aware of the "padding=" feature, but want to pad the cutpoints with empty frames, not 2 seconds of commercial.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PoisonousHydra
erik
Site Admin

Re: Inserting black frames into cutpoints.

Post by erik »

Comskip never changes anything in the recording it processes and I have no intention to change that as it will be a major activity to make this possible.
Even more doing this during recording is plainly impossible
poisonoushydra

Post by poisonoushydra »

Thank you for the prompt reply Erik. I guess I should have been more specific. I know Comskip itself does not alter files in any way. I was inquiring if there is any third-party software that uses Comskip that is capable of this feature (inserting 3 or 4 seconds of black frames at cutpoints).

I am also not talking about Live TV, but rather files which have already been parsed by Comskip.

Essentially, is there any way to make something like DVRCut, Cuttermaran, etc. work this way?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I guess you could do that with tools like ffmpeg but I do not know how to do it.