comskip live tv detection ends early

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
Deihmos

comskip live tv detection ends early

Post by Deihmos »

I have comskip set to detect commercials in live tv but with the most recent version it tends to end early before the recording is complete. I didn't have problems before with it. I am using WMC with DVRMStoolbox and the donator version. I have the setting to enable live tv detection enabled and dvrmstoolbox is set to wait 5 minutes before it launches comskip.

Does anyone know what is causing this?
erik
Site Admin

Re: comskip live tv detection ends early

Post by erik »

Could you try with 10 minutes delay.
That sometimes seems to be the solution
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

Ok I will try that.
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

It is now working perfect. Thank you
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

I was recording a sports game and I comskip made a huge gap that wasn't even a commercial. I did a manual scan and it detected the commercials fine. Why did it have problems doing it during the live scan? Is there a solution?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Was this once or does it happen more often?
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

It has happened a few times before. I even changed the delay to 15 minutes. When I reprocess the show everything is detected correctly.
Jagad

Post by Jagad »

Deihmos wrote:I was recording a sports game and I comskip made a huge gap that wasn't even a commercial. I did a manual scan and it detected the commercials fine. Why did it have problems doing it during the live scan? Is there a solution?
Your findings could probably be explained by:
Only at the very end of processing a file all the global information is available to tune all the heuristics.
So any indeterminate result generated during recording will be poorer than at completion.
Read more about it in this thread page 2 and 3: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1314&start=15
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

I will set it to wait 20 minutes before begin scanning.
Deihmos

Post by Deihmos »

I switched back to the version before the major change to live processing and now commercials are detected correctly and accurate like it was before. The newer version gave some horrible results with live detection. I guess I shouldn't upgrade if I am not having any problems. Thanks for the help.