New versions never seem to work for me :(

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
Post Reply
ACraigL
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:46 pm

New versions never seem to work for me :(

Post by ACraigL » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi, I'm a dvrms-toolbox user with WMC7 (64-bit). It seems every time I replace the comskip.exe file in the dvrmstoolbox\applications\ folder, comskip never works right, either failing to find any commercials, or finding the first set, then ending.

I'm currently using comskip81_054_donators successfully, so it's not that big a deal, but wondering what might be impacting newer versions from successfully executing as this version now does. Note that I'm ONLY updating the exe file. Everything else is staying in place. Suggestions or ideas welcome.

erik
Site Admin
Posts: 3310
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:49 pm

Re: New versions never seem to work for me :(

Post by erik » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Can you try to run comskip manually?
Drag and drop a recording on comskip.exe and see if it run's to completion.

tyler
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Re: New versions never seem to work for me :(

Post by tyler » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:13 am

I'm also having problems with the newer versions. The last that was working for me was also around comskip81_054_donators. I'm running dvrms-toolbox on WMC8 (64-bit). I've tried all of the new releases from December forward. About half the time, all commercials are detected successfully. The other half, only one commercial is detected at the beginning, or some of the commercials are detected after the first hour, or no commercials are detected at all. When I reviewed the log files it appears that detection has completed successfully.

I will try to drag and drop the next broken recording that I find and see if that helps. What specifically should I look for to determine if it has run to completion?

erik
Site Admin
Posts: 3310
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:49 pm

Re: New versions never seem to work for me :(

Post by erik » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:24 am

The log file should show it has processed the whole file.
Mail it to me if in doubt.
You should set the wait time for comskip to start 10 minutes after the recording has started

tyler
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Re: New versions never seem to work for me :(

Post by tyler » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:28 pm

When I run comskip manually, everything works fine. I did not have all of the live TV settings from the example file, including the wait time. I now have all of the suggested values set and think that some shows are still being processed poorly. But I will monitor for the next few weeks and report back. Thanks for the help.

Post Reply