Comskip "panics" with dvr-ms file containing AC3 a

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
Taipan

Comskip "panics" with dvr-ms file containing AC3 a

Post by Taipan »

I have just tried to run comskip (version 0.79.45) on a dvr-ms file recorded from DVB-T containing AC3 audio (DD2.0 - 192 Kb/s) and after about 4,000 frames, the message "Panic, unknown audio format" appears for every subsequent frame analysed.... :(

I think the error message didn't appear for the first 4,000 frames because comskip was only analysing the video for the presence of the logo? When comskip began from the beginning again was when the error messages began to appear - I think.

I converted the file to mpg (using DVRMSToolbox) and comskip was quite happy to analyse the whole mpg file without any errors.... :)

Is this to be expected?

If not, is there any other information that I should provide to help isolate what is causing these error messages in relation to the audio stream?

Cheers,

Taipan
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Indeed, after restarting when the logo is found sometimes audio decoding fails on certain dvr-ms files.

Could you upload the first part of the dvr-ms file with the problem to my ftp server.
Start the upload, and after say 100MByte (is that after say 8000 frames?) abort, whatever has been uploaded will stay on the ftp server.
I will PM you with the upload details.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Hi Erik,

I have uploaded a file called "Nine.dvr-ms" into the folder "Taipan" - its 116 MB, so that should be enough for you to reproduce the problem....
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Which version of Comskip do you run?

I do get an error but not the Panic.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I made some changes preventing buffer overrun.
Could you download comskiptest.zip and try?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Hi Erik,

I have tried both comskiptest and comskip v0.79.47 and they both work fine with that dvr-ms file that I was giving me the "Panic, unknown audio format" error message. Thankyou for fixing that so quickly.... :)

I noticed too, that the comskiptest version was much slower at processing the file - about 100 fps versus 160 fps with comskip v0.79.47?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Comskiptest has all compiler optimizations disabled. resulting in a much lower speed.

0.79.47 is a regular release