How do I create a batch file

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
linfor

How do I create a batch file

Post by linfor »

I have different versions for different channels and I would like to create batch files to run at night. Can someone advise on how to do that?
Bothe in terms of the actual batching and in how to assign in scheduled tasks. Thanks
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Very good question that was on my todo list

But here it go's, did not test it so there may be typo's

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@echo off
Rem PostProcessing.bat
Rem This script will be run automatically by GBPVR when found after a recording is finished
Rem To enable it put this file inside your GBPVR default program directory (C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\)
Rem together with Comskip.exe, Comskip.ini and Comskip.dictionary
Rem The script is called with two parameters
Rem %1 is the fully qualified name of the recorded mpeg file.
Rem %2 is the channel number of the recording

Rem The part below can be used to not run Comskip on certain channels, please modify for your conveniance.
Rem The channel numbers that should be skipped are the numbers between the double quotes ("").
Rem You can add "if" lines as much as you want
Rem To disable this behaviour use channel numbers outside the normal range, put a "rem" before the "if" or delete the "if" lines

Rem list of channels to not run comskip on
if "%2" == "27" goto eof:
if "%2" == "36" goto eof:

Rem this trick also makes it possible to have dedicated comskip.ini file for certain channels.
if "%2" == "79" goto channel79:
if "%2" == "72" goto channel72:
if "%2" == "65" goto channel65:
Rem use the default comskip.ini for all other channels
goto generic:

:channel79:
comskip --ini=channel79.ini %1
goto continue:
:channel72:
comskip --ini=channel72.ini %1
goto continue:

:channel65:
comskip --ini=channel65.ini %1
goto continue:

:generic
Rem The actual run of Comskip. Only one parameter, the name of the mpeg file to process.
Rem Comskip will read its settings from the Comskip.ini found in the same directory as Comskip.exe
Rem Both are supposed to be in the GBPVR default program directory. (C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\)
comskip %1
:continue

Rem Once the commercials have been identified you can run comclean to delete the commercials from the recording.
Rem Do this only when you are not using the Skip function in the GBPVR viewer.
Rem To enable comclean remove the word "Rem" from the following line.
rem call comclean %1
:eof
Last edited by erik on Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I have included an example postprocessing.bat in the comskip distribution zip file (as of version 0.77)