Updated comskip, active jobs hanging & not producing .xml's

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
foogama

Updated comskip, active jobs hanging & not producing .xml's

Post by foogama »

TL;DR - I updated comskip and now it's not producing .xml files.

So I recently updated comskip to the latest donator version, because I hadn't updated it in over a year and figured I'd try out the latest/greatest version. I couldn't find (or perhaps I missed) updating instructions, so here's what I did to update:

1. Extracted all the files to my desktop
2. Selected all the extracted files, dragged and dropped them to my c:\comskip directory
3. I replaced all existing files with the new files

Was this the right updating procedure? Did I need to delete or uninstall anything first? I received no errors when replacing existing files, so I assumed all were replaced/updated successfully.

I use DirMon2 (v0.6.4.49) as my filewatcher service, because I had significant issues with DVRMSToolbox in the past. If I look in the Current Status tab of DirMon2, there is always a one job in the active jobs queue (it rotates on which file is listed here), and several new recordings detected in the "Queued Jobs" section. No .xml files are being generated in the Recorded TV directory though.

If I switch over to the Job Management tab and validate the comskip script, it returns successful with no errors. I've looked through Windows Event Viewer and found no notable errors. I've tried stopping, uninstalling, installing, and restarting the DirMon 'service'.

Am I correct in assuming this is a comskip issue somehow? Everything in DirMon seems to be doing its job. Since I'm using DirMon (and not DVRMSToolbox), do I still need to set the output_dvrmstb value to 1 in the .ini file? (Right now it's 0).

EDIT: I changed the 0 to 1 for good measure and that seemed to have done the trick.

Thanks for any help/tips anyone can provide. This is a fantastic program.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Updated comskip, active jobs hanging & not producing .xm

Post by erik »

Can you test build 61?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I reverted some of the changes that where implemented after build 61 in the new build 64
Can you test?
As a bonus there is a nice comskip ini editor included.
foogama

Post by foogama »

Sorry for the late reply. Gmail was dumping my thread alert notifications into spam for some reason.

I got it working simply by changing the output_dvrmstb value to 1 in the .ini file, which I should have known to have checked for before posting, sorry.

Did you still want me to try updating to the latest build to retest?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Not needed