Folder remains after files are deleted

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
jimdarnell

Folder remains after files are deleted

Post by jimdarnell »

I just upgraded to the latest version of Comskip (donor's version) which I use in conjunction with HDPrime tuners and NPVR. I've set verbose to 0 but after I delete the recording I'm left with a folder with the program name which I have to manually delete. The two files inside the folder, a .ts and a .txt file are deleted when I delete the program. Is there a Comskip setting so the folder will also be deleted when I delete the Program?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Folder remains after files are deleted

Post by erik »

There is an error in the current build that causes comskip to generate a .dif file next to the .txt file.Maybe these do not get deleted when you delete the recording.
Problem will be solved in next build, due in less then a week.
jimdarnell

Post by jimdarnell »

I'll wait for the upgrade and see if that does the trick. However, the manually deleted file indicates there's nothing in it (after I delete the program in NPVR), just the file itself. And folders I haven't yet deleted have only two files inside, a .ts and a .txt file.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Sorry,, misread your post.
No, the deleting of the folder can only be done by the recording software as Comskip only runs once , just after the recording to detect the commercials, after that comskip never gets involved anymore with the recording
jimdarnell

Post by jimdarnell »

Thanks. I'll start checking my NPVR settings. Found the problem. Latest version of NPVR added a create folder item which was true by default. Changed to false and the problem is solved!