comskip 81_08x_donators Live TV Issue

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
UK_FTA_TV_Ad_Skipper

comskip 81_08x_donators Live TV Issue

Post by UK_FTA_TV_Ad_Skipper »

Hi Erik,

I've been experiencing issues with the 81_08x_donators releases. In fact, the last reliable version for my set up is 81_077_donators.

I am running comskip on UK Freeview TV recorded by ArgusTV as .ts files, HD and SD, on Windows 8.1 Pro 64.

81_083_donators hasn't crashed yet (only tried on live TV so far), but when run on live TV, when the processing catches up to live TV that has already started, it completes processing. This is using the same settings for both 81_076_donators and 81_083_donators. I have tried changing live_tv_retries from 4 to 15, but it doesn't seem to retry at all, just exit once it has caught up.

Any further information you need, or tests I can perform to help, I'm happy to.

Would it be possible to state in the readme.txt which versions have been withdrawn due to issues? That way it's easy to look in the readme.txt to find the last reliable version for a downgrade, should that be needed.

Keep up the great work, it's very much appreciated.
UK_FTA_TV_Ad_Skipper

Re: comskip 81_08x_donators Live TV Issue

As advised by Erik, I have set

live_tv=1
in comskip.ini

Testing so far has shown this prevents 81_084_donators from terminating early. Will update after further testing to see if this affects any other aspects of its operation.
UK_FTA_TV_Ad_Skipper

Re: comskip 81_08x_donators Live TV Issue

Thanks to Erik's hard work, I am happy to report that the latest version of comskip81_088_donators_beta is now working on live TV absolutely fine.

Previously, I was using 81_077_donators to process live tv, with a delayed start greater than the pre padding, to allow correct ad detection.

Many thanks again.

Edit -

Switched to comskip81_088_donators and experienced multiple issues with live and recorded TV.
Switched back to comskip81_088_donators_beta for further testing, now having occasional issues with that too.