Can I remove just the beginning of a recording?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
Tatts4Life

Can I remove just the beginning of a recording?

Post by Tatts4Life »

I'm using MCEBuddy with Comskip and it works 99% of the time. I only have an issue with one series that I recorded from Hulu with Playon. With the first recording it cut out the first minute of the show. Second record only missed a few seconds. Is there any way to tell Comskip to only cut out the first ten seconds and nothing else? Somebody suggested using the ini editor and I'm having a little trouble finding what I'm looking for. I found something on the bottom that said always keep first seconds or always keep last seconds. My issue is I want to remove the first couple of seconds though.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Can I remove just the beginning of a recording?

Post by erik »

Do you want to only remove the first 10 seconds or do you, next the the detected commercials, also always want to remove the first 10 seconds.
Tatts4Life

Post by Tatts4Life »

Correct For this tv series I only want to remove the first few seconds, it's around 8-10 seconds. It's a Hulu plus recording so it doesn't have commercials. It just has the annoying " this show is rates MAY for bla bla bla" that I want to have removed. But for some reason Comskip ends up also cutting out part of the show.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Why not manually make an EDL file tha removes the first seconds?
Tatts4Life

Post by Tatts4Life »

Because I don't know how to make one and thought it was something easy to do with Comskip. If you could help point me to where I can find how to make one that would be great. I've tried googling how to make one and can't find anything.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »