Issue with H264 TS Files

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
kradec

Issue with H264 TS Files

Post by kradec »

I have recordings from my OTA anntenna created on TVHeadend system running on a Raspberry Pi 2. The files are a TS format H264 coming directly from a HDHomerun Connect system. The HDHomerun is able to transcode the files to H264 format (720p) so I have them just passing through as a TS file when recording. I need to keep my recordings in this format to avoid any overhead on the RPi 2.

On a separate system, I attempted to process a test recording file with Comskip in both a Windows and Linux (I built up a system on Ubuntu using the git instructions) environment.

The issue I am having is that the EDL file generated does not process the commercial breaks correctly. The first commercial break is fine and then after that it just cuts the 30min TS file short to 19min when using the generated EDL file under Kodi. I get the exact same results in both the Windows and Ubuntu system with the exception that in the Ubuntu system when Comskip completes right at the end I generate a segmentation fault error (core dumped).

In my log file, I am getting some of these errors:

[h264 @ 0x47e9f20] non-existing PPS 0 referenced
[h264 @ 0x47e9f20] decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0x47e9f20] no frame!

These errors occur several times and it seems this happens right at the start of processing the TS file.

Any suggestions on processing TS H264 files or options I need to flag in my comskip.ini file? I am using the standard file from the Windows download. I can provide logs, my data, etc. but I thought I would start here first to ascertain if there is something obvious occurring.

Thank you.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Issue with H264 TS Files

Post by erik »

Can you mail the log file generated with
verbose=10