Logo Location

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
marvin-miller

Logo Location

Post by marvin-miller »

Hi Erik!

I might have asked this before but I think it's worth checking again - is there any way to make comskip weight the logo location?

Here's the thing, a lot of my recordings have broadcaster commercials which is messing up commercial detection. During the show (not commercials) the logo is in the bottom right of the screen. During broadcaster commercials the logo is in the middle or somewhere else.

Couldn't comskip be adjusted so that if, let's say, 80% of the logos it's sees are in the bottom right then reject any that are elsewhere?

For me, this would make commercial detection much more accurate because right now, I'm getting lots of broadcaster commercials for the channel and every time the logo is not in the lower right of the screen. If Comskip could reject or weight the logo location better then detection would be ideal.

What do you think? Hope you're doing well over there and that you're getting some sunny days! Thanks also for keeping Comskip up - I've been using it for years and it's well worth the purchase.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Logo Location

Post by erik »

The latest version does not search for logo's in the middle of the screen, only in the corners
You can disable either the bottom or the top for logo search if you want.
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

Hi Eric - thanks for the reply (I'll look into it).

Just a question, I used to use Show Analyzer years ago and remember the Schoolhouse. It was a GUI where you could play the file and it would show you the commercial detection. You could then change the options and re-run it and it would show you the results. It was very easy to use.

Now that Jere is long gone why not just copy the idea and add it into Comskip? It would make tuning really, really easy :mrgreen:
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Drag and drop the recording on ComskipGUI.exe and watch what happens.
You can click anywhere on the timebar and zoom in and out

As Comskip hase many parameters that, when changed, require full reprocessing, I did not enable quick recalculation but you can anaylize in full detail why certain cutpoints where (not) detected and why certain blocks are (not) scored as commercial.

If you use this in combination with the comskip ini editor you should be able to quickly tune

And my (limited) windows programming skills do not allow me to create a nice beautiful GUI application.
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

OK, I will try it - thank you Erik! :D
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

And hit F1 to get some help text