Can't get donator version to work.

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
greekislandlover

Can't get donator version to work.

Post by greekislandlover »

Hi, I'm new to Comskip.

I've got the donator version, and have some test recordings with commercials in .mpg format that I'm playing with. I'm on Windows 10 and I'm trying to use it by right clicking the file I want to remove ads from and using Open With and selecting Comskip.exe. A terminal window opens and loads of processes happen. After a few minutes the terminal window goes, and in the folder a couple of text files have been generated. However, playing the file back it still has commercials.

I'm in the UK, and have tried the uk .ini file on this forum, but still no commercials get removed.

Am I doing something wrong, are the files less adverts being saved somewhere else?

Thanks
erik
Site Admin

Re: Can't get donator version to work.

Post by erik »

Comskip does not remove commercials
COmskip detects where the commercials are and outputs this information in one or more of many possible formats, all to be selected in the ini file.
You need other software to jump over the commercials during playback or to remove the commercials from the recording.
If you want to use Comskip in combination with a PC based TV recorder you should investigate how to use the comskip output with that TV recorder SW