Comskip Support Forum

Comskip is a free commercial detector, browse the forum for more information
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:46 pm
Posts: 2
Hello,

New to Comskip (and MCEBuddy), and trying to iron out my setup. Currently using latest paid versions of Comskip and MCEBuddy, current DVR is the Plex beta on Win10. Default comskip profile within MCEB has been working "ok", sometimes it'll miss a commercial or two, and sometimes it'll cut a small portion of the show. Designated Survivor a couple weeks back was only 37 minutes instead of 42 or so. I currently have MCEB to archive the original and using TS-unprocessed, so that it doesn't compress to MP4 (CPU takes ~2hrs per 1hr show), but to remove the commercials completely. Like I said, been working ~90% or so.

So I just replaced the default comskip.ini with the one "US - Comcast Xfinity" thread (still using MCEB to kick off Comskip though). Now it's creating an XML file with the commercial start/stop times but not actually removing them anymore. I most app can utilize EDL files (Kodi for instance), but Plex currently can't (as well as Live TV), so that's why I'm trying to remove them completely. I've searched posts online as well as the INI file, but I can't seem to figure out which setting is responsible for actually deleting the commercials...esp. where I still have MCEB to remove them (not "detect only"). And I'm playing the .TS files just through WMP to rule out Plex as being the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Brian


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:30 pm
Posts: 19
Your output_edl=1 from your previous config.ini was changed to output_edl=0. Change it back and you will be good to go.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:46 pm
Posts: 2
Thank you! I ended up finding Comskip INI's on MCEBuddy's site (www.mcebuddy2x.com/MCEBUDDY/SHARED_INFORMATION/Comskip%20INIs/), and the Comcast one worked great.

I probably would have eventually figured it out, but I was under the impression that an EDL file had a .EDL file extension, so I was thinking the XML was something different (even though I could tell it was for the same purpose).

Funny, during testing (with WMP), one of my test shows (from Food Network HD) would always output as a "corrupt" TS. It would play, but audio and video would be very choppy, and would end prematurely after playing for only a minute or so. Then for the heck of it I tried playing the same "corrupt" TS file in VLC, and it plays flawlessly. I'm guessing it's a codec issue, although other shows played fine in WMP.

Thanks again!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group