I keep getting sementation faults

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
padillaj3

I keep getting sementation faults

Post by padillaj3 »

Hello,

I'm running comskip under Ubuntu MATE on a Raspberry Pi 3 and it seems that no matter what settings I give it, I always get "Segmentation Fault" errors whenever it try to run comskip. Is there a way to fix this?

Some more details on my set up:
I built comskip from the github page two days ago, and while running the "make" command I was getting an error relating to the setting "mtune=generic" which I later figured out that for my Raspberry Pi this should be "mtune=cortex-a53" so I edited that on the make file and I was able to build comskip.

I was previously running openelec on my raspberry pi and had it set up with the comskip addon, and under those conditions comskip was working fine.

Thank you.
erik
Site Admin

Re: I keep getting sementation faults

Post by erik »

Can't help
How about asking in a Raspberry forum?
padillaj3

Post by padillaj3 »

Oh believe me, I've been trying to find something related to this all over the place but the few references to segmentation faults lead on the net to this forum, I bet you this one will now be in the top 3.
padillaj3

Post by padillaj3 »

I rebuilt comskip as per instructions in the following thread and now it works:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=150084